3-Year Full-Funded PhD Position: Join the exciting European CryoStore project at INRAE, Tours, France, and contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of reproductive biology. We are offering a 3-year fully funded PhD position focusing on “Sperm selection through female tract interaction for optimal use of preserved boar semen.” This project aims to revolutionize sperm selection methods for cryopreservation, ultimately enhancing fertility outcomes.
Designation: PhD 10
Research Area: Reproductive Biology
Location: INRAE, Tours, France, with a secondment at WUR, Wageningen, in 2025
- Master’s degree in Cell Biology, Physiology, Biotechnology, or Molecular Biology
- Passion for applying research in an industrial context
- Strong scientific rigor and motivation
- Proficiency in English; basic knowledge of French preferred
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary research team
- Preferred experience in cell culture, sperm analysis, glycan analysis, and statistics
Job Description: The PhD candidate will work in the Cell Interactions and Fertility team at INRAE, Nouzilly, under the supervision of Dr. Marie Saint-Dicier, along with Dr. Lucie Gavin-Plagne and Dr. Olivier Carion from IMV Technologies. The project aims to develop innovative in vitro models of the uterus and oviduct to understand the molecular drivers of sperm-female interactions and optimize the selection of gamete populations for cryopreservation in pigs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing in vitro models of porcine endometrium
- Identifying molecular factors influencing sperm-female tract interactions
- Analyzing the impact of these interactions on sperm physiology
- Collaborating with international partners, including WUR
- Participating in scientific training and conferences
How to Apply: Interested candidates should visit https://www.cryostoreproject.com/apply-for-a-phd for application details. Please submit your CV and a cover letter to the following supervisors:
- Dr. Marie Saint-Dicier: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Lucie Gavin-Plagne: email@example.com
Last Date for Apply: Researchers must apply before the recruitment date in early 2024.
Note: Eligible candidates should not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before their recruitment date. This is in accordance with UE grant funding regulations.
Join us in this exciting opportunity to advance reproductive biology research and contribute to the CryoStore project’s mission. Your work could have a significant impact on improving the preservation of boar semen and ultimately enhancing fertility outcomes in pig breeding.