Call for Applications – Postdoctoral Fellowship: Join Concordia University’s Department of Political Science for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in 2023-2024 focused on the Political, Cultural, and Social Integration of Immigrants in Quebec. This exciting opportunity, led by Professors Antoine Bilodeau and Mircille Paquet in collaboration with the Immigration Research Initiative, invites qualified candidates to contribute to a research project analyzing a database of immigrant and non-immigrant respondents in Quebec. The position offers a competitive salary and the chance to work on an important research initiative.
Designation: Postdoctoral Fellow
Research Area: Political, Cultural, and Social Integration of Immigrants in Quebec
Location: Concordia University, Department of Political Science, Quebec
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A PhD in political science or a related social science discipline.
- Advanced skills in quantitative methods and survey analysis.
- Specific experience in structural equation modeling (SEM) is an asset.
- Knowledge of French is advantageous but not mandatory.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Analyze a database of immigrant and non-immigrant respondents in Quebec.
- Dedicate 60% of working time (3 days per week) to quantitative analyses and related tasks under the supervision of Antoine Bilodeau.
- Allocate 40% of working time (2 days a week) to their own research program.
- Become a postdoctoral researcher affiliated with the Immigration Research Initiative, the Centre for the Study of Democratic Citizenship, and the Equipe de.
The initial contract is for 12 months, with a starting date no later than February 1, 2024, and an annual salary of $70,000. There is a possibility of contract renewal.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to Antoine Bilodeau at email@example.com by September 25, 2023, at 5 pm:
- A one-page letter outlining the candidate’s research interests and expertise relevant to the project.
- A curriculum vitae.
- An example of published or ongoing research.
- Contact details of two referees.
Last Date for Apply: 25 September 2023, 5 pm (Eastern Time)
Don’t miss the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research on immigrant integration in Quebec. Apply now and become part of this important academic endeavor at Concordia University.