Designation/Position- Deakin University Scholarship
Deakin University, Australia invites Deakin University (HDR Scholarship) Scholarship for eligible and interested candidates
About-HDR Scholarship – Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) / Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR). The RTP scholarships are funded by the Australian Government, while the DUPR scholarships are funded by Deakin University. Both awards are available to domestic and international students. Only top-ranked applicants will be offered an RTP.
Research/Job Area- PhD
Location- Deakin University, Australia
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University.
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to a HDR course at Deakin University.
- Terms and conditions for each scholarship are detailed in the Further Information section below. For information about our RTP Scholarship Policy please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
Stipend and Allowances Value (Terms and Conditions apply)
- A stipend of $28,092 (2020 rate) or $28,600 (2021 rate) per annum tax exempt
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- For international students only: Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
Doctoral Degree Duration
- 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset
Research Master Degree Duration
- 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset
How to Apply-
Answer all questions thoroughly in your online application and attach all requested documents. If information is missing it may affect your chances of being accepted.
Last Date for Apply–Applications are accepted throughout the year
- Research degree candidature applications are accepted throughout the year.
- Some faculties/institutes require an Expression of Interest form to be submitted or that they be contacted prior to submitting a full application via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form.
- These faculties/institutes are listed below with the relevant form or advice. Applications to other areas can be submitted directly via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form at any time.