Designation/Position- Research Summer Intern
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), US invites application for Research Summer Intern from eligible and interested candidates
About- IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. Research Summer Intern
Research/Job Area- computer science, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics or equivalent areas
IBM has many internships available and are seeking highly motivated students with a background in computer science, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics or equivalent areas. Candidates currently enrolled in a PhD program are encouraged to apply. The ability to work independently with latest tools in these focus areas highly desired.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices including agile processes
- Proven research experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced usage of machine learning environments (e.g., R, scikit-learn, Theano, Torch, etc.)
- Advanced experience in Data Mining/Automated Knowledge Acquisition, Representation & Reasoning
- Advanced experience in characterization and validation of cognitive systems via User studies.
- Basic knowledge of electromagnetic wave (EM) properties
- Basic knowledge of quantum theory
- One year engineering background
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Current focus areas include pioneering work in: cognitive computing and augmented intelligence; quantum computing; blockchain; data-centric systems; advanced analytics; security; radical cloud innovation; next-generation silicon (and beyond); and brain-inspired devices and infrastructure.
Start and end dates for this Internship are during Summer 2021 (3 months).
The work location will be one of the following:
Yorktown Heights, New York
San Jose, California
Albany, New York
- Position Type: Intern
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Internship
- Company: (0147) International Business Machines Corporation
- Req. ID: 324109BR
- Travel Required: No Travel
How to Apply-
Interested candidates can apply online. Click Here