Designation/Position- Emerging Scholars Program
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
About- The Emerging Scholar Award is open to first or second year PhD students, It is specifically designed to support talented students from under-represented* minority groups in the technology sector, to encourage them to continue their PhD studies, pursue innovative research, and engage with the broader research community. Facebook Fellowship Program
Winners of the Emerging Scholar Award are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s proposed research and their recommendation letters.
Location- Accredited university in any country
Research/Job Area- Applied Statistics, AR/VR Photonics and Optics, CommAI, Computational Social Science, Computer Vision, Compute Storage and Efficiency, Distributed Systems, Economics and Computation, Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Networking and Connectivity, Programming Languages, Security/Privacy, Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification, UX/Instagram, Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted
- First or second year full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research in an accredited university in any country
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- Must fit the criteria of an under-represented* minority in the technology sector
Emerging Scholar Award Includes
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
How to Apply-
Applications Must Include
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– The Facebook Emerging Scholars application opens September 4, 2018 and closes on October 12, 2018.