Designation/Position- Faculty Position at IACS
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata invites application for Faculty Position at IACS from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science is an institute of higher learning in Kolkata, India. Established in 1876 by Mahendra Lal Sircar, a private medical practitioner, it focuses on fundamental research in basic sciences. Faculty Position at IACS
Research/Job Area- Theoretical Physics; Solid State Physics; Material Sciences, Spectroscopy; Atomic Molecular and Optical Sciences, Solar and Non-conventional Energy Sources, Polymer Science, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Biological Chemistry and Computer Science
More Opportunities: DEA Program at FMSH France: 3rd Call 2021 | Apply by…
- Faculty Fellow*: Ph.D. with 2 years of Post-doctoral experience and commendable research publications
- Assistant Professor: Ph.D. with 4 years of Post-doctoral experience
- Associate Professor: Ph.D. with 8 years Independent Research/Teaching
- Professor: Established scientists with proven leadership Qualities, widely recognized
- Senior Professor: Distinguished scientists having long experience and excellent recognition in India and abroad. Must be an authority in the area.
IACS is looking for brilliant scientists in the grades of Faculty Fellows*, Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, Professors and Senior Professors in all the areas of its research activities. (Theoretical Physics; Solid State Physics; Material Sciences, Spectroscopy; Atomic Molecular and Optical Sciences, Solar and Non-conventional Energy Sources, Polymer Science, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Biological Chemistry and Computer Science). Pay scales and minimum qualification norms for the different grades are as follows:
- Faculty Fellow*: PB-03; Rs. 15,600-39,100 (Pay Band) + Grade Pay Rs. 6,600.00 Rs. 71,843/- per month (minimum)
- Assistant Professor: PB-03; Rs. 15,600-39,100 (Pay Band) + Grade Pay Rs. 7,600.00 Rs. 82,425/- per month (minimum)
- Associate Professor: PB-04; Rs. 37,400-67,000/- (Pay Band) + Grade Pay Rs. 8,700.00 Rs. 1,24,755/- per month (minimum)
- Professor: PB-04; Rs. 37,400-67,000/- + Grade Pay Rs. 8,900.00 Rs. 1,32,405/- per month (minimum)
- Senior Professor: PB-04; Rs. 37,400-67,000/- + Grade Pay Rs. 10,000.00 Rs. 1,48,532/- per month (minimum)
The recruitment process is a continuous one and there is as such no deadline. Selection may not be restricted among those who apply. For outstanding candidates, the experience can be relaxed.
How to Apply-
Interested candidates are requested to apply electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, with full bio-data. They should also arrange to send three letters of references directly to email@example.com. A hardcopy should be sent by those candidates who need to apply through proper channel. Senior Professor positions are offered by nomination/invitation also.
* Reservation Rule will apply as per relevant rules
Applications received in e-mail addresses other than firstname.lastname@example.org (for faculty) will not be entertained/considered.