Designation/Position- Faculty Position in IIT Jammu
IIT Jammu, India invites applications for Faculty Position in IIT Jammu from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu was inaugurated on 6th August 2016, and welcomed the first batch of students into the campus in Paloura, Jammu. In the initial phases, the establishment of IIT Jammu was done under the mentorship of IIT Delhi.
- CHEMICAL ENGG.: All areas of Chemical Engineering.
- CHEMISTRY: Physical and Materials Chemistry and related areas.
- CIVIL ENGG.: Environmental: Water and Waste Water Engg., Air Pollution Control Engg., Solid and Hazardous Waste Engg., Geotechnical: Geotechnical Engg., Rock Machanics, Rock Engg., Geomatics, Engineering Geology
Structures: Structural Engg., Construction Materials, Construction Management,
Transportation: Transportation and Traffic Planning, Transportation and Traffic Engg., Pavement Engg., Water Resources: Water Resources Engg. and Related Areas. Construction Management.
- COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGG.: High Performance Computing and Visualization, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Computing and Machine-toMachine(IOT), Algorithms & Complexity, Logic & Verification, Information
Management, Data Science & Big Data, Computer Vision, Graphics & Robotics, Programming Languages, Semantics, Analysis & Language Implementation,
Distributed & Multicore Computing, Operating Systems and Cloud Computing, Cryptography and Systems Information Security, Human Computer Interaction, Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, VLSI and Design Automation. Theoretical Computer Science.
- ELECTRICAL ENGG.: Control & Automation, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Machines & Drives, High Voltage Engeering, VLSI Designs, Embedded systems
- HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES: Economics, Linguistics, Psychology,
- MATERIAL SCIENCE & ENGG.: All current and emerging areas of Materials Engineering.
- MATHEMATICS: All areas of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Theoretical
Computer Science, Probability and Statistics.
- MECHANICAL ENGG.: Mechanical Design, Production Engg., Industrial Engg. & Thermal Engg. Design Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics and interdisciplinary areas of Mechanics including but not restricted to Biomechanics, Multifunctional materials, Solid – Fluid interaction.
- PHYSICS: All Areas of Physics.
- BIOSCIENCES AND BIOENGINEERING:(1) Tissue Engineering, biomaterials, and regenerative medicine (Experiment) (2) Drug delivery and drug design (computation and/or experiment) (3) High altitude biology (Experiment) (4) Genetics with experience in Next Generation Sequencing (Experiments)
(5) Industrial and clinical microbiology (Experiment).
Location- IIT Jammu, India
- Indian Nationals (Institute specifically encourages applicants from SC/ST/OBC category as well as persons with disability to apply for these positions),
- Foreign Nationals, who are “Persons of Indian Origin” (PIO) or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI); in whose case, if selected, permission will be sought from the Govt. of India before he/she can join IIT.
- Other Foreign Nationals (not covered in (b)), in whose case, if selected, appointment will be on a contract basis for up to 5 years subject to permission from the Govt. of India before he/she can join IIT.
- Retired Professors from other CFTIs shall be expected to provide enthusiastic mentorship to young faculty and staff members in policy formulation and also for adoption of best practices. The applicant is expected to have proven teaching, research and leadership record.
Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degrees with throughout consistently good academic record.
- Professor: Minimum 10 years Teaching/Research/Industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs or in similar institutes of national importance or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or foreign institutions /institutions of comparable standards.
- Associate Professor: A minimum of 6 years Teaching/Industry/Research experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor (Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer).
- Assistant Professor: At least 3 years relevant industrial/research/teaching experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursing Ph.D. Exceptional candidates having Post PhD experience less than 3 years shall be considered for a faculty position . Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age.
- Visiting Professor/ Retired Professors (on contract): Retired Professors from CFTI may also apply. IIT Jammu shall be able to provide the best possible remunerations and support for such faculty members as per the regulations of the Institute.
IIT Jammu invites applications from energetic meritorious qualified Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Foreign Nationals having passion for teaching and research for the following faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Visiting Professor (contract and deputation) / Retired Professors (on contract), for its various academic programs in different disciplines.
|Professor||Rs.1,59,100 – 2,20,200/- (minimum pay of Rs.1,59,100/-) in Academic Level 14A|
|Associate Professor||Minimum Basic Pay: Rs.139600/- (Academic Pay Level 13A2 and Cell 1 of the Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission) per month|
|Assistant Professor||Minimum Basic Pay Rs. 70900 to Rs.101500/- (Academic Pay Level 10-12 of the Pay matrix of 7th Pay Commission) per month|
|Visiting Professor (contract or on deputation)/ Retired Professors (on contract) from CFTIs||IIT Jammu shall be able to provide the best possible remunerations and support for such faculty members as per the regulations of the Institute.|
How to Apply-
The application will only be received through the online portal https://apply.iitjammu.ac.in
No hardcopy or email of the submission shall be required.
For any queries regarding Online submission, please write to: email@example.com
ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE:
Indian Institute of Technology Jammu,
Jagti, NH-44, Tehsil Nagrota, Jammu 181221 (India)
Last Date for Apply– Rolling
This is a rolling advertisement and there is no last date