Fully Funded MSc/PhD Students: The Attentive Hub, part of the Hole School of Construction Engineering within the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Alberta, Canada, is pleased to announce fully funded MSc/PhD student positions. We are seeking passionate individuals who are dedicated to making technology more inclusive, addressing technological exclusion, and ensuring that our daily surroundings cater to the diverse needs and feelings of all individuals. If you are committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) and interested in cutting-edge research at the intersection of technology and human well-being, we invite you to join our team starting in July/September 2024.
Designation: MSc/PhD Students
Research Area: Technology Inclusion for Human Well-being
Location: University of Alberta, Canada
Eligibility/Qualification: Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Empathy towards humans
- Genuine desire to expand knowledge
- Strong motivation for conducting research
- A mindset and behavior valuing diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI)
- Prior research, work, or leadership experiences demonstrating the above qualities
Job Description: Attentive Hub is dedicated to exploring how technology can be more inclusive, especially in daily surroundings like workplaces, buildings, parks, roads, and sidewalks. We aim to make these environments safe, healthy, comfortable, and truly inclusive for everyone. Our approach integrates cutting-edge technologies such as human sensing, AI, robots, extended reality, and digital twins with psychophysiological and socio-cognitive theories.
As a fully funded MSc/PhD student, you will have the opportunity to contribute to impactful research projects, including:
- Psychophysiological monitoring to enhance construction workers’ safety and productivity.
- Development of trustable robots to optimize human-robot collaboration performance.
- Implementation of psychophysiological monitoring for equitable and inclusive built environments.
- Utilization of extended reality and biosensing to understand and improve human experiences in construction and built environments.
- Exploration of digital twins and reinforcement learning for continuously updating what-if simulations.
How to Apply: To apply, please send an email to the hub leader, Dr. Gaang Lee, at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2023. Include the following in your application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A brief explanation of why you are the right fit for Attentive Hub
Last Date for Apply: The deadline for applications is December 1, 2023. Join the Attentive Hub at the University of Alberta, a globally recognized institution known for its outstanding research achievements, particularly in the field of construction engineering and management. Be a part of our mission to create a more inclusive technological future.