Designation/Position- International Research Scholarships
UNSW Sydney in Australia invites application for Doha Institute for International Research Scholarships for eligible and interested candidates
About- Welcome to UNSW Sydney (the University of New South Wales), one of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities. At UNSW, we take pride in the broad range and high quality of our teaching programs. Our teaching gains strength and currency from our research activities, strong industry links, and our international nature; UNSW has strong regional and global engagement. In developing new ideas and promoting lasting knowledge we are creating an academic environment where outstanding students and scholars from around the world can be inspired to excel in their programs of study and research. Partnerships with both local and global communities allow UNSW to share knowledge, debate, and research outcomes. UNSW’s public events include concert performances, open days, and public forums on issues such as the environment, healthcare and global politics. We encourage you to explore the UNSW website so you can find out more. International Research Scholarships
Research/Job Area- Available research area
Location- UNSW Sydney, Australia
There are a number of eligibility requirements you ensure you meet prior to applying for a Higher Research Degree. These include the following.
- Admission and scholarship application minimum requirements: visit Research Higher Degree Programs
- English requirements: All applicants, whether domestic or international, must provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum UNSW English Language Requirements. To determine your eligibility, you must use the UNSW HDR Self-Assessment Tool. For information on using this Tool, please download the User Guide.
- Source of funding: All applicants, whether domestic or international, must complete the GTE & Financial Declaration Form and, if required, submit evidence of their capacity to fund all living costs, fees and other associated costs. As an applicant to UNSW, you must demonstrate that you have the ability to financially support yourself (and any dependants) for the duration of your studies and, if an international applicant, that you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). This may be through applying for a UNSW Research Scholarship, an alternative scholarship or sponsorship (provided by a source external to UNSW), or through self-funding.
- Supervision and resources: You must consider whether you need to contact a supervisor or undertake an EOI. Approval must be provided by a potential supervisor or School before you can apply. Further checks on appropriate supervision and resources will be completed during the assessment process, so please note that approval to apply does not guarantee an offer.
- Other: Specific Faculties or programs may have additional requirements, please see your Faculty’s website for further details
- For more information about Higher Degree Research Scholarships, please refer to the UNSW Higher Degree Research Scholarships (including RTP Scholarships) Policy and the UNSW Higher Degree Research Scholarships (including RTP Scholarships) Procedure.s.
|Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship||$28,597 per annum (2021 rate)Tuition FeesOverseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)||Funded by the Australian Government 3.5 years for a PhD2 years for a research Masters|
|University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA)||$28,597 per annum (2021 rate)Tuition Fees||Funded by UNSW3.5 years for a PhD2 years for a research Masters|
|Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Research Stipend||$28,597 per annum (2021 rate)Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees funded by UNSW Stipend funded by the Faculty, School or Supervisor3.5 years for a PhD2 years for a research Masters|
How to Apply-
To apply for a scholarship, simply indicate that you would also like to be considered for a UNSW scholarship on your application for admission to a program, and select your preferred scholarship application round. You will be considered for all of the above scholarships. For more information about the application process, visit Submit an Application. Your scholarship application will then be considered by the University with all other applications submitted during the same round.
Scholarship application outcomes are released progressively from the ‘Offers Released’ date. The outcome includes the result of all of the above scholarships. To find the ‘Offers Released’ date for your application round, visit Key Dates.
For more information about Higher Degree Research Scholarships, please refer to the UNSW Higher Degree Research Scholarships (including RTP Scholarships) Policy and the UNSW Higher Degree Research Scholarships (including RTP Scholarships) Procedure.
Last Date for Apply– 26 March 2021
Applicants who are applying for a scholarship through UNSW should submit their application (and all required documentation) by the following deadlines:
|020 November releaseYou should apply for a scholarship during this round if you wish to start your studies in Term 1 2021||Closed Offers to be released from 26 November 2020|
|2021 March release & China Scholarship Council Tuition Fee Scholarships (CSC/TFS)NOTE: Please see UNSW Shutdown details below you should apply for a scholarship during this round if you wish to start your studies in Term 2 2021 or Term 3 2021||Closing on 8 January 2021, 11.59pm (AEDT)Offers to be released from 4 March 2021|
|2021 May releaseYou should apply for a scholarship during this round if you wish to start your studies in Term 3 2021||Closing on 26 March 2021, 11.59pm (AEDT)Offers to be released from 27 May 2021|