Designation/Position- PhD in Materials Science and Process Engineering
UTEM, Chile invites application for PhD in Materials Science and Process Engineering from eligible and interested candidates
About- Metropolitan University of Technology is a university in Chile. It is part of the Chilean Traditional Universities.The Metropolitan Technological University, better known by its acronym as UTEM. PhD in Materials Science and Process Engineering
Research/Job Area- Science and Technology
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in the areas of Science and Technology and / or Professional Title of careers in the area of Science and Technology associated with materials, from institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education or its equivalent scale for applicants of foreign origin.
- Certify a grade point average greater than or equal to 5.0 in their tertiary education.
Enrollment: $ 159,400 (one time only)
Annual Fee: $ 3,800,000.
Benefits(*): The Doctoral Program will have research assistantships aimed at students, which include maintenance support and facilitate their integration to work in laboratories. The University may also grant, in the cases that merit, the reduction or exemption of the tariff.The students will have institutional support to attend internships and / or congresses, or through projects of the teachers themselves.
How to Apply-
To apply for the Program there will be an annual period, in accordance with the academic calendar prepared by the Directorate of the Graduate School. The application will be made through the online application form.
- Original Certificate of Professional Title or Bachelor’s Degree or photocopy legalized before a notary public. In the case of degrees obtained abroad, the documents must be endorsed according to current legislation.
- Motivation letter. Download Format
- Certificate of grades and / or qualifications of tertiary level or previous postgraduate degrees, which must include the rating scale of the institution that issues it and graduation ranking of its promotion. For foreigners include the equivalent scale.
- Photocopy of identity card and / or passport in the case of foreign students.
- Two letters of recommendation that endorse your conditions and qualities to carry out postgraduate studies, in accordance with the digital format provided by the Program. The letters must be requested from professionals who, due to their personal capacity and their knowledge of the applicant, are in a clear condition to make the judgments requested in the letter. It is important to have the email of the person recommending. Download Format
- Curriculum vitae, according to the format provided by the Program. Download Format
Director of the Doctorate: Eglantina Benavente Espinosa
Direction: Ignacio Valdivieso 2409 Science and Technology Building, San Joaquín, Santiago.
Telephone: (+56 2) 2787 7684