IOI Postdoctoral Research Associate: The Chemistry Research Laboratory at the University of Oxford is seeking two IOI Postdoctoral Research Associates in Organic Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry. The positions are part of a multidisciplinary project focused on combating antimicrobial resistance. The successful candidates will be responsible for designing and synthesizing small molecule inhibitors as part of drug development programs. The positions are based at the INEOS Oxford Institute, located at the Chemistry Research Laboratory in Oxford, UK.
Designation: IOI Postdoctoral Research Associate
Research Area: Organic Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry
Location: Chemistry Research Laboratory, 12 Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3TA, UK
- PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Chemistry (or close to completion)
- Extensive expertise in organic synthesis, particularly in natural product synthesis and/or modern synthetic methods
- Ability to manage academic research and administrative activities
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple aspects of work to meet deadlines
- Design and synthesize small molecule inhibitors for drug development programs
- Utilize structural, biochemical, and microbiological data to inform molecule design and generate hypotheses
- Conduct research related to combatting antimicrobial resistance through a multidisciplinary approach
- Manage own academic research and administrative activities
- Coordinate and collaborate with national and international partners
How to Apply: Applications for this position should be submitted online. To apply, please click on the link below and follow the instructions. You will be required to upload a supporting statement and CV as part of your application. Your supporting statement should address each of the selection criteria, providing examples of your skills and experience. Please note that certificates, references, and research papers are not required at this stage.
Last Date for Apply: The closing date for applications is 12.00 midday, Monday 5th June 2023. Interviews will be held as soon as possible thereafter.
- Contact Person: [Vacancy ID: 165174]
- Contact Phone:
- Closing Date & Time: 05-Jun-2023 12:00
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Salary: Grade 7: £35,308-£43,155 per annum (with a discretionary range to £47,047)
Additional Information: The University of Oxford is a Bronze Athena SWAN holder, and the Department of Chemistry is a Silver award holder. Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and ethnic minority candidates, who are under-represented in Chemistry research posts in Oxford.