Ph.D. Position (GRA) – Mural Lab: The Mural Lab at the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture & Plant Science, South Dakota State University (SDSU), Brookings, SD, is inviting applications for a fully funded Ph.D. position (GRA) starting in Spring 2024. Our research program is dedicated to advancing crop plant development and sustainable production for commercial purposes using omics approaches. We currently emphasize quantitative genetics, genomics, transcriptomics, phenomics, and genotype-environment interactions in sorghum and maize. Future research will explore the commercial potential of other cereals, legumes, and millet crops. Our lab offers a vibrant research environment and extensive training opportunities for students.
Designation: Ph.D. Candidate
Research Area: Quantitative Genetics, Genomics, Transcriptomics, Phenomics, Genotype-Environment Interactions, Crop Plant Development
Location: South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
- A Master’s degree in Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Breeding, or a related field.
- Meeting the admission requirements for SDSU’s Ph.D. program (refer to SDSU Graduate School Admission Requirements).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in R and/or Python programming.
- Familiarity with quantitative genetics, high-throughput phenotyping, predictive modeling, and breeding techniques.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in designing and conducting greenhouse and field experiments.
- Conduct research in the field of crop plant development and sustainable production.
- Focus on quantitative genetics, genomics, transcriptomics, phenomics, and genotype-environment interactions.
- Collaborate with a dynamic research team.
- Design and conduct greenhouse and field experiments.
- Contribute to the development of crop plants for commercial purposes.
- Explore research opportunities in various cereals, legumes, and millet crops.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should compile the following documents into a single PDF and send it via email to email@example.com with the subject line “AgriOmics_Ph.D.” The application document should include the following:
- A one-page cover letter outlining your relevant experience, how you meet the required qualifications, and your research interests.
- Your curriculum vitae (CV).
- A copy of your most recent academic transcripts.
Last Date for Apply: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Join the Mural Lab at SDSU in advancing the development and sustainable production of crop plants, and be part of a research program that offers extensive training and research opportunities for Ph.D. candidates.