Postdoctoral Scientist in Placental Biology: Are you passionate about advancing medical research? Join the Deng Lab at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden and contribute to groundbreaking research in placental biology and epigenetics. We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Postdoctoral Scientist to work on a research project focused on understanding how maternal endocrine and metabolic diseases impact human placental regulation, fetal programming, and offspring health. If you have a strong background in molecular biology, placental biology, stem cell biology, and experience with programming languages for data analysis, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Title: Postdoctoral Scientist in Placental Biology and Epigenetics
- Location: Biomedicum, Campus Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Reference Number: STÖD 2-3240/2023
- First Day of Employment: Upon agreement
- Salary: Scholarship
Research Area: Placental Biology, Epigenetics, Stem Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Developmental Biology, or related fields.
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g., R and/or Python) for sequencing data analysis.
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures, molecular biology techniques, next-generation sequencing, and large-scale bioinformatics analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Conduct research on the regulation of human placentas during maternal endocrine and metabolic diseases using single-cell RNAseq and mouse models.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data.
- Supervise students.
- Attend seminars and conferences.
- Write scientific articles.
What do we offer?
- A creative and inspiring research environment.
- Opportunities to collaborate with experts in various scientific fields within medicine and health.
- Engagement in groundbreaking research projects.
- Scholarships for a maximum of two years within a four-year period following the receipt of a doctoral degree.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following documents in English or Swedish through the Varbi recruitment system:
- Curriculum vitae, including academic background and previous positions.
- A brief motivation letter (no more than half a page, font 12) explaining your interest in the project.
- A complete list of publications.
- A summary of your current work (no more than half a page, font 12).
- Contact details of two reference persons.
Contact: For inquiries about the position, please contact Qiaolin Deng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: September 28, 2023, 11:59 PM CEST
Join us in our mission to uncover novel mechanisms in placental biology and epigenetics and make a difference in improving offspring health. Be part of the Karolinska Institutet’s renowned research community and contribute to better health for all. Apply today!