PhD and Postdoc Positions : Join the Li lab at LSU’s Department of Biological Sciences for exciting PhD and postdoc positions in the field of Quantitative Ecology. Explore the impacts of environmental changes on biodiversity and phenology using data science approaches and contribute to cutting-edge research. Guaranteed funding for PhD students, no GRE requirement, and opportunities for innovative research projects. Develop machine learning methods and software for phenological data extraction in the postdoc position.
- PhD Students (1-2 positions)
- Postdoctoral Researcher (1 position)
Research Area: Quantitative Ecology
Location: LSU Department of Biological Sciences, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
- For PhD students: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology, ecology, statistics, computer science, or related disciplines. Completion of an M.S. degree preferred.
- For Postdoctoral Researcher: PhD in a relevant field with experience in data science, machine learning, and ecological research.
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups in STEM are strongly encouraged to apply.
As a PhD student or postdoc in the Li lab, you will:
- Investigate the impact of environmental changes on biodiversity and phenology
- Utilize data science approaches including statistics and machine learning
- Develop innovative research projects within the lab’s focus areas
- Collaborate with the lab, department, and university research community
- Contribute to building software for data integration and central phenology database
- Foster an inclusive and supportive research environment
How to Apply:
For PhD Students:
- Visit the application instructions at Application Instructions Link for fall 2024 enrollment.
- Application packets are due by January 3, 2024.
- No GRE requirement for admission.
For Postdoctoral Researcher:
- Visit LSU Job Posting for more details on the postdoc position.
Last Date for Apply:
- PhD Positions: Application deadline for fall 2024 enrollment is January 3, 2024.
- Postdoc Position: Refer to the LSU job posting for application details.
Discover a supportive and inclusive research environment at the Li lab and LSU’s Department of Biological Sciences. Be part of groundbreaking research in quantitative ecology and make a meaningful impact on understanding environmental changes. Apply now and take the next step in your research career!