Research Associate on Fuel Cells: Join the Institute of Computational Physics (ICP) at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) as a Research Associate in the field of Mathematical Modelling and Simulation of Fuel Cells. This role involves contributing to an international research project focused on the development and application of numerical models for electrochemical energy devices such as fuel cells. You will work on mathematical modelling, simulation, and prediction of fuel cell behavior for decarbonizing heavy-duty vehicles.
Designation: Research Associate
Research Area: Mathematical Modelling and Simulation of Fuel Cells
Location: Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Institute of Computational Physics (ICP), Zurich, Switzerland
- Degree in Physics, mathematics, or engineering
- Strong understanding of physics and materials properties
- Experience in numerical solution of differential equations
- Programming skills in a time-dependent system simulation language (advantageous)
- Self-motivated, proactive, and result-oriented mindset
- Proficiency in English (professional fluency); knowledge of German (useful but not indispensable)
Research Associate for Mathematical Modelling and Simulation of Fuel Cells
As a Research Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating on an international research project focused on mathematical modelling of fuel cells.
- Developing numerical models for electrochemical energy devices, specifically for fuel cells used in heavy-duty vehicle decarbonization.
- Implementing model order reduction and conducting numerical simulations of vehicle driving cycles.
- Predicting fuel cell component degradation and developing user interfaces for model utilization by customers.
- Contributing to an academic and industrial consortium within a European project.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to apply online through the official ZHAW website. Please submit your CV, cover letter, and relevant academic transcripts.
Starting Date: October 2023
Last Date for Apply: [Insert Application Deadline]
About Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) – School of Engineering: ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, comprising over 14,000 students and 3,400 faculty and staff members. The School of Engineering (SoE) is a leading technical university in Switzerland, focusing on energy, mobility, and health-related topics. The Institute of Computational Physics (ICP) within ZHAW’s SoE applies research outcomes to industrial challenges, developing multiphysics computer models for various applications including hydrogen technology and photovoltaics.
Contact Information: For inquiries and more information, please contact:
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Schumacher (Lecturer and Team Leader) – Email: email@example.com
- Tanja Bucher (Recruiting Manager) – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online Now: [Insert Application Link]
About ZHAW – Working Environment and Benefits: ZHAW offers a collaborative working environment, competitive employment terms, and opportunities for personal development. Employees at all levels benefit from a range of advantages, including discounts, flexible working hours, career growth prospects, health benefits, insurance, and pension schemes.
Join our team at ZHAW’s Institute of Computational Physics and contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of mathematical modelling and simulation of fuel cells.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences – Inspiring Tomorrow’s Innovators Today.