PhD Position at USAL-CSIC: Join us for an exciting 4-year predoctoral position in the MacPhagy Lab at the Institute of Functional Biology and Genomics (IBFG), USAL-CSIC, Salamanca, Spain. We are seeking motivated candidates interested in pursuing a Ph.D. project focused on Autophagy and Immunometabolism. This project, funded by an FPI contract from Agencia Estatal de Investigacion (PID2022-1384780A-100), led by Marina Garcia Macia, aims to study the intricate relationship between lipid metabolism, autophagy, and macrophage activation, particularly in the context of ethanol exposure, liver diseases, and metabolic syndromes.
Designation: PhD Researcher
Research Area: Autophagy and Immunometabolism
Location: Institute of Functional Biology and Genomics (IBFG), USAL-CSIC, Salamanca, Spain
|Project Title||Autophagy and Immunometabolism|
|Contract Duration||4 years|
|Funding Source||Agencia Estatal de Investigacion (FPI contract, PID2022-1384780A-100)|
|Principal Investigator||Marina Garcia Macia|
- Candidates with a strong academic background and interest in autophagy, immunometabolism, or related fields.
- A genuine passion for scientific research and a commitment to pursuing a Ph.D.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a research team.
Job Description: The selected candidate will contribute to the research project focused on understanding the interplay between lipid metabolism, autophagy, and macrophage activation. The specific context of ethanol exposure, liver diseases such as alcoholic steatohepatitis (ASH), and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), as well as metabolic disorders like metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and obesity, will be investigated. Experimental approaches encompass both in vitro and in vivo models, as well as analysis of patient samples.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should follow these steps to apply:
- Contact Marina Garcia Macia by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach your CV, highlighting academic records (marks).
- Express your interest in the predoctoral position in Autophagy and Immunometabolism.
Last Date for Apply: Applications should be sent by email before the deadline. Start date is expected in Fall 2023.