PhD Position in Plant Biochemistry: The Plant Biochemistry group at the Institute of Molecular Plant Biology, ETH Zurich, is seeking applications for a PhD position. Join the research team led by Prof. Samuel C. Zeeman to delve into the molecular mechanisms of carbohydrate metabolism and starch biosynthesis in plants. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in plant biochemistry.
Designation: PhD Position
Research Area: Carbohydrate metabolism, Starch Biosynthesis, Plant Biochemistry
Location: Institute of Molecular Plant Biology, Department of Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Biology/Biochemistry.
- Strong background in biology/biochemistry with an interest in plant sciences.
- Advanced knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, and biochemistry.
- Experience in microscopy, bioinformatics, and quantitative data analysis (advantageous).
Job Description: The successful candidate will work within Prof. Samuel C. Zeeman’s team, investigating the processes of starch biosynthesis and carbohydrate polymerization in plants. The research will involve a combination of molecular genetics, advanced microscopy, cell biology techniques, and in-vitro/in-vivo biochemistry. The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art facilities for microscopy, proteomics, nucleotide sequence analysis, metabolomics, and plant growth.
- Strong motivation for scientific exploration and learning.
- Highly organized and capable of independent and collaborative work.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- An opportunity to work in a world-leading institution for science and technology.
- A supportive and inclusive working environment.
- Access to cutting-edge facilities and resources.
- Opportunity for complementary skills training via the Life Science Zurich Graduate School.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents via the online application portal:
- One-page motivation letter
- Electronic copy/scan of academic certificate(s)
- Name and contact details of two academic referees
Last Date for Apply: Application submission deadline as specified in the online portal.
Contact Information: For further information, please contact Professor Samuel Zeeman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be submitted only through the online application portal.
- Applications sent via email or postal services will not be considered.
- ETH Zurich promotes diversity and inclusivity in its culture and environment.
- Candidates must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria before applying.