Post Doctoral Associate Position: Yale University is offering a Postdoctoral Associate Position in the field of Green Chemistry, focusing on CO2 valorization and utilization. This full-time position is initially for one year, with the possibility of a one-year renewal. The position offers a competitive salary range of $65,000-68,000 plus benefits. The successful candidate will join the Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering at Yale University, located in New Haven, and contribute to multidisciplinary research efforts in the field.
Designation: Post Doctoral Associate
Research Area: Green Chemistry, CO2 Valorization & Utilization
Location: Yale University, New Haven
- Education: PhD in chemistry (organic chemistry/electrochemistry/catalysis) or a related field
- Full-time position
- Length of employment: 1 year with the possibility of a 1-year renewal
Green Chemistry: CO2 Valorization — Post Doctoral Associate Position
The Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering at Yale University has an immediate opening for a Postdoctoral Associate. The ideal candidate should have a background in chemistry or a related field, with expertise in synthesis, electrochemistry, catalysis, or flow chemistry to support research projects related to CO2 valorization and utilization. The primary responsibilities will include organic/electrochemical synthesis, compound purification, and compound characterization. While experience in flow chemistry is a bonus, it is not a mandatory requirement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will:
- Perform organic/electrochemical synthesis of compounds with varying complexity
- Utilize common techniques for compound purification, such as column chromatography, distillation, crystallization, and others
- Characterize compounds and analyze samples using appropriate instrumentation (NMR, HPLC, GC, MS, UV, IR, etc.)
- Summarize and interpret data
- Collaborate with Center scientists to support, refine, and further develop ongoing and emerging projects
- Demonstrate a high level of scientific integrity
- Adhere to established laboratory safety procedures
- Conduct activities under the supervision of the Center’s faculty members
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry, electrochemistry, catalysis, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of synthetic chemistry, product separation, and characterization
- Demonstrated expertise in synthetic method development and product characterization
- (Optional) Experience in setting up and utilizing systems in flow chemistry
- Proficiency in data analysis/interpretation
- Expertise in data management, documentation, and relevant software
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written), interpersonal skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work both collaboratively and independently
How to Apply: Interested candidates should contact Hanno Erythropel, PhD, at the Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering at Yale via email: email@example.com.
Last Date for Apply: Until position filled
Please note that information may be subject to change, and candidates are advised to verify the details on the official Yale University website.