Post Doctoral Scholar: Join our team at the Department of Internal Medicine & Div – Biomedical as a Post Doctoral Scholar. This temporary position offers an opportunity to work on natural language processing (NLP) methods and models in the field of biomedicine and healthcare. Develop novel methods, write code, and contribute to research papers while focusing on text classification, named entity recognition, and relation extraction. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Designation: Post Doctoral Scholar
Research Area: Natural Language Processing (NLP) in Biomedicine and Healthcare
Location: Lexington, KY
- Required Education: PhD, M.D., or equivalent
- Required Related Experience: N/A
- Required License/Registration/Certification: N/A
- Physical Requirements: Lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 lbs., sitting for long periods, standing, walking
- Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, occasional evenings or weekends may be required
- Design and develop NLP methods and models for end-user applications in biomedicine and healthcare.
- Focus on tasks such as text classification, named entity recognition, and relation extraction.
- Write code and maintain project-specific GitHub repositories.
- First author research papers and assist students as a co-author.
|Requisition Number||Department Name||Salary Range|
|DU10791||7H373: Internal Medicine & Div – Biomedical||$50,000/year – $65,000/year|
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Strong foundation in general machine learning and deep neural networks.
- Prior experience with frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch for building ML and DNN models.
- Proficiency in writing technical papers.
- Preferred experience in NLP methods development and large language models.
- Ability to utilize cloud services (e.g., AWS) for model building and serving.
- PhD degree in computer science, biomedical informatics, electrical engineering, statistics, or applied mathematics.
- Exposure and experience in natural language processing is preferred.
Deadline to Apply: 06/15/2023
How to Apply: To be considered for the position, please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
University Community of Inclusion: The University of Kentucky values diversity and inclusion. We strive to create an open and accepting environment where individuals of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can thrive. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and foster a healthy work, learning, and living environment. We encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and minorities to apply.
Note: Pre-employment screenings, including a national background check and/or drug screen, may be required for selected candidates.