Postdoc in Theoretical Chemistry: KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health, is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Postdoc in Theoretical Chemistry. The role will focus on light-induced processes in photoactive proteins within the joint project “Enlightening biology: bridging time-resolved experiments in silico.” This collaborative initiative involves the Department of Chemistry at KTH and the Department of Science and Technology at Linköping University.
Postdoc in Theoretical Chemistry with Focus on Photoactive Proteins
|Postdoc in Theoretical Chemistry
|Photoactive Proteins and QM/MM Simulations
|PhD in Chemistry, Physics, or related subject; Excellent knowledge of theoretical and computational chemistry; Advanced programming skills in C++, Python, or similar; Proven skills in scientific publications; Ability to work independently and collaboratively; Strong communication skills in English
|Research, with potential for teaching (up to 20% of working hours)
Job Description: The Postdoc will drive QM/MM excited-state dynamics simulations of photoactive proteins, contributing to the elucidation of the functional core of photobiological systems. The position involves collaboration with another postdoc to develop novel analysis and visualization techniques. The project is funded by the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP), and the SciLifeLab and Wallenberg National Program for Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS).
What we offer:
- Position at a leading technical university
- Engaging and ambitious colleagues
- Creative, international, and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, close to nature
- Assistance for relocation and settling in Sweden
- Doctoral degree in Chemistry, Physics, or related subject
- Excellent theoretical and computational chemistry knowledge
- Advanced programming skills (C++, Python, or similar)
- Proven publication record
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong interdisciplinary communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Recent doctoral degree
- Expertise in QM/MM simulations
- Interest in knowledge sharing, mentoring, and teaching
How to Apply: To apply, log into KTH’s recruitment system and ensure your application includes:
- Copy of diplomas and grades
- Publication list
- Brief account of past and future research interests
- Contact information for at least two references
Last Date for Apply: Applications must be received by KTH no later than 19 February 2024, midnight CET/CEST.
Disclaimer: This job post is based on information from a reliable source. Applicants are advised to verify details and obtain further information from the official KTH Royal Institute of Technology website or contact Nanna Holmgaard List at email@example.com for any specific queries.