Postdoc Position – Plant Reproduction: Join the Köhler laboratory at the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology in Potsdam, Germany, as a postdoctoral researcher. Investigate the functional role of small RNAs in plant reproduction and contribute to understanding reproductive barriers in the endosperm. Engage in vector and sequencing library construction, short and long-read sequencing, and bioinformatics to unravel the underlying mechanisms. Benefit from excellent working conditions, international collaboration, and the opportunity to extend the position.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Epigenetic Mechanisms of Plant Reproduction
Location: Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam, Germany
- Completed PhD in Biology
- Experience in bioinformatics, plant reproduction, or epigenetics
- Demonstrated track record of scientific research (first-author publication or pre-print)
- Initiative to explore additional funding sources (e.g. EMBO, Marie-Curie, DFG)
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Postdoc Position – Epigenetic Mechanisms of Plant Reproduction
As a postdoc researcher in the Köhler lab, you will:
- Investigate the role of small RNAs in plant reproduction and reproductive barriers
- Work on vector and sequencing library construction, short and long-read sequencing, and bioinformatics
- Collaborate in an international and interdisciplinary research environment
- Contribute to scientific research and potentially extend the postdoctoral position
- Promote gender equality, diversity, and inclusion in research
- Excellent working conditions in an international and interdisciplinary research environment
- State-of-the-art research facilities
- Initial two-year postdoctoral position with the possibility of extension
- Remuneration based on qualifications and experience (TVöD-Bund)
- Social benefits and health promotion services (Bund regulations)
- Opportunities for work-life balance
- Flexible starting date
How to Apply:
For further information on the position, contact Claudia Köhler (email@example.com). Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and will be accepted before September 30, 2023.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents through the application system:
- A letter explaining motivation to join the group and a short description of the current research project.
- A CV including contact details for two scientific references.
Last Date for Apply: Applications accepted until September 30, 2023.
Take advantage of this opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in plant reproduction and epigenetics, collaborate with leading scientists, and advance your career as a postdoctoral researcher at the prestigious Max Planck Institute. Apply now and be part of groundbreaking discoveries in the field!