Scientist – C (Temporary): We are seeking a qualified and experienced Scientist – C to join our Microbiology Research Division on a temporary basis. The selected candidate will contribute to the maintenance of our quality system, perform viral assays, and engage in various research activities. If you have a strong background in microbiology, molecular biology, and virology, along with a passion for scientific research, we invite you to apply.
Designation: Scientist – C (Temporary)
Research Area: Microbiology, Virology, Anti-viral Assays
Location: Biomedical Technology Wing, Satelmond Palace, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram-695 012
- Essential: MSc in Microbiology/Medical Microbiology with 1st class
- Desirable: PhD in relevant field
- Essential Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in microbiological and molecular biological skills
- Desirable Experience: Knowledge of virology, anti-viral assays, and implementation of quality systems in Microbiology
Job Description: As a Scientist – C, your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the maintenance of the quality system
- Conducting viral assays and related experiments
- Participating in research activities of the Microbiology Division
- Undertaking any other tasks assigned by the Senior In-Charge (SIC) of MIT
- Assisting in the implementation of quality systems
- Collaborating with team members to achieve research goals
Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 57,000/- (consolidated)
Age Limit: Maximum 35 years as of August 31, 2023
Number of Vacancies: Existing – 1 UR, Expected – 1 UR
Duration: Temporary position for a period of 179 days or until a permanent incumbent joins, whichever is earlier.
Date & Time of Interview: September 6, 2023, 10:30 AM Reporting Time: 9:00 AM
Mode of Selection: Walk-In-Interview
Venue: Biomedical Technology Wing, Satelmond Palace, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram-695 012
How to Apply: Candidates meeting the above requirements should attend the interview on the specified date and time. Please bring the following documents:
- Original certificates and copies to prove age, qualifications, and experience
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the current employer (if applicable) No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview. Candidates arriving after 9:15 AM will not be considered for selection.
Last Date for Apply: 06 September 2023
Note: Depending on the number of candidates, a qualifying written test may be conducted for initial screening. Marks obtained in the written test, if conducted, will not be counted for final ranking. Candidates with requisite qualifications but less experience may also be considered at a lesser salary if suitable experienced candidates are unavailable.