Postdoctoral Researcher – Stem Cell: Join the therapeutic genome editing team led by Dr. Mario Amendola at Genethon, Evry, France, for an INSERM postdoctoral position. Contribute to cutting-edge research in developing effective and safe genome editing and gene therapy strategies for monogenic diseases. Enhance hematopoietic stem cells as a delivery vehicle for therapeutic proteins and contribute to the treatment of systemic disorders. Collaborate within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Hematopoietic Stem Cell Based Gene Therapy
Location: Genethon, Biopark of Evry, France
- Strong desire to make an impact in the field of gene therapy
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting
- Strong organizational skills, dedication, and enthusiasm for research
- Strong background in hematopoietic stem cell biology and transplantation
- Familiarity with molecular and cellular biology (a plus)
- At least one first-author publication in a reputable journal
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
Postdoctoral Researcher – Hematopoietic Stem Cell Based Gene Therapy
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, you will:
- Contribute to the development of genome editing and gene therapy strategies
- Focus on treating monogenic diseases, including muscular disorders, hemoglobinopathies, and lysosomal storage disorders
- Enhance hematopoietic stem cells for therapeutic protein delivery
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary research team
- Investigate DNA repair mechanisms to improve genome editing tools’ efficacy and safety
- Work on understanding pathologies and molecular mechanisms of genetic diseases
Genethon is a non-profit biotherapy R&D organization dedicated to developing gene therapy products for rare genetic diseases. It partners with the University of Paris-Saclay and the INSERM research unit UMR_S951-INTEGRARE. Genethon offers state-of-the-art core facilities and infrastructure for gene-based technology research.
- Salary: €56,800 (based on experience)
- 1-year full-time contract (renewable based on performance)
- Starting Date: January 2023 (negotiable)
How to Apply:
If your profile matches the description, email Dr. Mario Amendola (email@example.com). The application should include:
- Research interest letter
- Curriculum vitae
- At least two references (names and contact information)
- If you don’t meet all criteria, address in your cover letter how your skill set deviates and how your background would enrich the research.
Last Date for Apply:
Submit your application as a single PDF file no later than October 31, 2023.
Be part of groundbreaking research in gene therapy, contribute to improving hematopoietic stem cell-based treatments, and collaborate within a dedicated research team. Apply now to further your research career at Genethon, France!