Postdoctoral and PhD Positions-The Institute of Infectiology at the University of Manster in Germany is offering a Postdoc and PhD position to work on the molecular analysis of pathogenicity and defense against host immune system of enteropathogenic bacteria. The projects will involve analyzing the function of bacterial toxins and effectors and their influence on cells of the innate immune system, as well as identifying and characterizing inhibitors of pathogenicity.
Designation: Postdoctoral and PhD Positions
Research Area: Molecular Analysis of Pathogenicity and Immune System Defense
Location: Institute of Infectiology, University of Manster, Manster, Germany
- For Postdoctoral position: PhD in Microbiology or Immunology
- For PhD position: Completed academic studies in Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Medicine, or Pharmacy
- Work in an international team on the molecular analysis of pathogenicity and defense against host immune system of enteropathogenic bacteria
- Analyze the function of bacterial toxins and effectors and their influence on cells of the innate immune system
- Identify and characterize inhibitors of pathogenicity
- Work with bacteria (security level 2), mammalian/human cells and material, as well as mouse infection models
- Utilize molecular biology methods, work with pathogenic bacteria and mouse infection model, flow cytometry, and confocal microscopy
How to Apply: Interested candidates should contact the following email address for application and further information:
Last Date for Apply: Not specified.