Postdoctoral Fellow at Ghent University: Join the NanoSensing group at Ghent University as a Postdoctoral Fellow funded by an ERC Starting Grant. Explore the exciting field of nanothermometry for theranostics and work under the guidance of Prof. Anna M. Kaczmarek. Contribute to cutting-edge research in lanthanide nanothermometry and hybrid nanomaterials.
Designation: Postdoctoral Fellow
Research Area: Lanthanide Nanothermometry and Hybrid Nanomaterials for Theranostics
Location: Department of Chemistry, Ghent University
- PhD degree in Sciences: Chemistry, or Engineering Sciences: Materials Science, or Engineering Sciences: Chemical Technology, or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written).
- Prior experience in at least two of the following areas: lanthanide luminescence, luminescence thermometry, nanomaterials synthesis, and photodynamic therapy.
- Proficiency in characterization techniques like powder XRD, XRF, UV-Vis, etc.
- Previous experience in electron microscopy (TEM) is highly desirable.
- Track record of publishing high-impact scientific publications in international peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Experience in presenting research at scientific meetings and congresses.
- Ability to mentor master and PhD students, and contribute to paper and conference contributions.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary research environment.
- Passion for conducting top-level international research in the field of lanthanide-based hybrid nanomaterials for physiological thermometry and combining nanothermometry with photodynamic therapy.
Job Description: As a Postdoctoral Fellow, you will conduct research in the field of lanthanide nanothermometry using hybrid nanomaterials within the physiological temperature range. Your responsibilities will include materials synthesis, spectroscopy measurements at varying temperatures, thermometry calculations, and model experiments involving photodynamic therapy agents combined with nanothermometry.
We offer a 1-year post-doc contract starting on December 1st, 2023, with the possibility of extension to 2 years based on a positive evaluation of your work.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documents to Prof. Anna Kaczmarek at Anna.Kaczmarek@UGent.be no later than 15 October 2023:
- Your detailed CV, including information about academic achievements and study results (merged into one PDF file).
- A Motivation Letter describing why you should be considered for this position (in PDF format).
- A transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than Dutch, French, German, or English, please include a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- Name and contact details of three references who are willing to provide a letter of recommendation.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview. For further inquiries about the position, please contact Anna.Kaczmarek@UGent.be.