Postdoctoral Fellow – Cancer Metabolism: The Sanin Laboratory at the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins, is seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to contribute to the study of how macrophage metabolism influences their persistence in tissues and impacts disease outcomes, particularly in the context of infection and cancer. The laboratory employs a multidisciplinary approach, integrating molecular biology, immunology, metabolism, and bioinformatics using mouse models and human biopsies. The collaborative environment at Johns Hopkins provides access to clinical samples, cutting-edge technologies, and translational research efforts.
Designation: Postdoctoral Fellow
Research Area: Cancer Metabolism, Macrophage Biology
Location: Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University
- PhD in a relevant field (Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology)
- Advanced skills in molecular biology, cell culture, flow cytometry, and mouse models
- Passion for science and discovery
- Strong deductive reasoning skills
- Commitment to fostering a friendly, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Strong record of productivity and excellent communication skills
Job Description: The successful candidate will lead 1-2 projects, conducting experiments using human biopsies and mouse tissues. Responsibilities include regular communication of results in laboratory meetings, one-on-one meetings, and presentation of findings at scientific conferences. The Postdoctoral Fellow will collaborate with top experts in cancer research within the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a single document to email@example.com, including:
- CV with a description of the PhD thesis study, previous research experience, list of publications with candidate contributions, and technical/non-technical skills.
- One-two paragraph personal statement describing research interests and career goals.
- Contact information for 2 referees.
Last Date for Apply: Applications must be submitted by 10 December 2023.
Disclaimer: This job post is based on information from a reliable source. Applicants are advised to verify details and check for updates or additional information on the official Johns Hopkins University website. For inquiries, please contact the University directly using the provided contact information.