Postdoctoral Positions in Theoretical Biology: The Theoretical Biology group at the Center for Computational and Theoretical Biology, University of Würzburg, Germany, is pleased to announce two Postdoctoral positions. We are looking for motivated and independent researchers to join our dynamic team in theoretical biology. These positions offer a unique opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration and career development. Candidates should have a strong record of originality and innovative project ideas.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researchers
Research Area: Theoretical Biology
Location: University of Würzburg, Germany
- PhD in theoretical biology, mathematics, physics, computer science, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to generate original research ideas.
- Experience in the direction they wish to develop their expertise further.
Job Description: As a Postdoctoral Researcher in Theoretical Biology at the University of Würzburg, your responsibilities include:
- Conducting research projects in theoretical biology.
- Contributing research findings to peer-reviewed journals.
- Engaging in teaching and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Active participation in departmental and university activities.
Opportunities and Expectations:
- Freedom to explore a broad spectrum of systems, from microbial to social contexts.
- Autonomy to develop ambitious projects and establish independent research profiles.
- Membership in a highly supportive and collaborative research team.
- Access to modern facilities and an international research environment.
- Cooperation possibilities across scales in microbiology, animal ecology and tropical biology, social psychology, and more.
Application Deadline: 15 October 2023
How to Apply: Please send your application as a single PDF file via email to email@example.com with the subject “Postdoc application 2023.” Your application should include:
- A cover letter stating your motivation and choice of group and location.
- A project proposal for your work over the next four years (limit to 3 pages, including references).
- Relevant certificates, preprints, and the names and contact details of at least two potential referees.
Note: Applications will be processed as received, and positions start as soon as possible.
For Further Information, Contact: Prof. Dr. Chaitanya S. Gokhale Center for Computational and Theoretical Biology, University of Würzburg, Germany Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://tecoevo.github.io
About University of Würzburg: The University of Würzburg is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups. Salary and benefits align with public service positions in Germany (TVL, full position, suitable for part-time employment). Female scientists are particularly encouraged to apply, and disabled applicants will be preferentially considered with equivalent qualifications.