Postdoctoral Fellow – Data-driven Modelling: A 3-year full-time Postdoc position is available at the School of Biological Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), Atlanta, USA. This position offers a unique opportunity for a Postdoctoral Fellow to work on data-driven mathematical modeling of microbiome dynamics. The project, mentored by Prof. Sam Brown (Biology) and Prof. Rachel Kuske (Math), focuses on understanding the ecological and evolutionary stability of microbial communities in response to biotic perturbations, with a strong emphasis on theory, synthetic microbiome experiments, and data analysis. Collaboration with experimental partners in Prof. Edze Westra’s lab in the UK is an integral part of this NSF-funded project.
Designation: Postdoctoral Fellow
Research Area: Data-driven Math Modelling of Microbial Eco-evolutionary Dynamics
Location: School of Biological Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA
- PhD (or close to completion) in Theoretical/Computational Life Sciences (eco-evolutionary dynamics a plus), Computational/Applied Mathematics, or a related field (e.g., Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, Computational Sciences)
- Cross-disciplinary research experience spanning math modeling and simulation
- Strong background in analyzing non-linear interactions in applied contexts
- Experience in data-led model identification
Postdoctoral Fellow – Data-driven Math Modelling of Microbial Eco-evolutionary Dynamics
The Postdoctoral Fellow will play a central role in the development of novel data-led eco-evolutionary theory in collaboration with experimentalists, including input on experimental design. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting research on ecological and evolutionary stability of microbial communities
- Collaborating closely with Prof. Brown, Prof. Kuske, and the research team
- Disseminating research results through publications and conferences
- Mentoring and tailored career development for trainees
- Opportunities for outreach activities, teaching, and project leadership
How To Apply: Review of applications will begin immediately, and appointments are expected to be made in late 2023 or early 2024. To apply, please send the following documents to Sam Brown (email@example.com):
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for 3 references
Last Date for Apply: Open until positions are filled.
Georgia Tech is committed to building an outstanding and diverse community of learning, discovery, and creation. We encourage applicants whose values align with our institutional values, including academic excellence, diversity of thought and experience, inquiry and innovation, collaboration and community, and ethical behavior and stewardship. Georgia Tech also supports a healthy work-life balance and activities promoting career advancement.
|Position Type||Postdoctoral Fellow|
|Duration||3 years full-time|
|Research Area||Data-driven Math Modelling of Microbial Eco-evolutionary Dynamics|
|Location||Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA|
|Mentored by||Prof. Sam Brown (Biology) and Prof. Rachel Kuske (Math)|
General Inquiries: For inquiries related to working in the Brown lab (PhD, postdocs, fellowships), please send your CV and a one-page statement outlining your research interests and experience, along with how you envision your interests aligning with our group, to firstname.lastname@example.org.