Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Lubrication: We are seeking an Innovate UK-funded Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team. This role focuses on surface interaction techniques and friction measurements to investigate the lubrication of plant-based fiber-rich food formulations. You will collaborate with experts in the School of Food Science and Nutrition and industry stakeholders to design new plant protein-based lubricant formulations for sustainable food products.
Designation: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Research Area: Lubrication of Sustainable Food Formulations
Location: School of Food Science and Nutrition, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS, UK
- A Ph.D. (or a very close-to-completion thesis) in Food Colloids, Soft Matter Chemistry, Biophysics, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience in experimental formulation science, including appropriate experimental design and measurement of biological properties.
- Theoretical knowledge of biopolymer-surface interactions.
- Experience in integrating insights from multiple disciplines to develop new solutions.
- Ability to design, execute, and manage research independently.
- A proven track record of peer-reviewed publications in high-quality journals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong time management and planning abilities.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
Desirable Qualifications (You may also have):
- Experience in running sensory tests and relevant data analysis.
- Expertise in surface adsorption measurements, surface chemistry techniques, and advanced colloid science techniques.
- Experience in conducting sensory product development and considering variables.
- Understanding of food processing safety.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Lubrication of Sustainable Food Formulations
As a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Lubrication of Sustainable Food Formulations, you will collaborate with experts in food science, biophysics, and mechanical engineering to investigate the lubrication properties of plant-based fiber-rich food formulations. Your responsibilities will include designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and publishing research findings. You will also work closely with industry partners to develop sustainable food products with plant protein-based lubricant formulations.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their applications by October 6, 2023. Please send your application materials, including a CV and cover letter, to Prof. Anwesha Sarkar, Professor of Colloids and Surfaces, at Email Address: Sarkar@leeds.ac.uk.
Last Date for Application: October 6, 2023
We look forward to receiving applications from talented and dedicated individuals who are passionate about advancing sustainable food science through innovative research.