Postdoctoral Researcher at Brandeis University: The Paradis and Grienberger Labs at Brandeis University are seeking a highly motivated individual with a Ph.D. degree for a Postdoctoral Researcher position. The labs focus on in vivo circuit analysis and molecular and cellular developmental neuroscience. The project aims to unravel the molecular mechanisms of synaptic plasticity and its impact on learning and memory formation in the mammalian nervous system. This interdisciplinary position offers exceptional research opportunities and collaboration within Brandeis’ neuroscience community.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, In Vivo Circuit Analysis
Location: Brandeis University, Massachusetts, USA
- Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, (neuro)developmental biology, molecular biology, electrophysiology, imaging, or related fields
- Strong background in systems neuroscience with an interest in learning molecular and cellular neuroscience, or vice versa
- Expertise in areas such as genetics, electrophysiology, molecular biology, imaging, or mouse surgery related to neural circuit function
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Conduct research in the molecular mechanisms of synaptic plasticity and its impact on learning and memory formation.
- Utilize multidisciplinary approaches, including two-photon Ca2+ imaging, whole-cell recordings, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, and imaging techniques both in vitro and in vivo.
- Collaborate with investigators from different disciplines and labs to translate understanding of activity-dependent gene regulation to circuit function.
- Engage in scientific exploration, academic interactions, and collaborations within Brandeis’ neuroscience and biology labs.
- Benefit from career development programs for postdoctoral fellows, including the NIH T32 postdoctoral fellowship program.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following documents to the respective lab websites:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Brief cover letter outlining research interests and goals
- Contact information of three individuals for reference letters
For informal inquiries or more information, please visit the following websites:
Last Date for Apply: Open until the position is filled
Brandeis University is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.