Post-Doctoral Researcher in Biochemistry: The group of Prof. Anne-Claude Gavin at the Department of Cellular Physiology and Metabolism, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, Switzerland, and Prof. Nathalie Reuter at the Department of Chemistry, University of Bergen, Norway, are seeking a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Researcher in Biochemistry to join their research teams. The research focuses on lipid metabolism, cell membrane homeostasis, and their implications in human pathologies such as infections and Alzheimer’s disease.
Designation: Post-Doctoral Researcher in Biochemistry
Research Area: Lipid Metabolism, Cell Membrane Homeostasis, Proteins at the Membrane Periphery
Location: University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry, or Membrane Biology
- Strong interest in using novel biochemical and microfluidic assays
- Experience in the purification and biochemical analysis of large macromolecular complexes and/or lipid and membrane biochemistry is advantageous
- Exceptional motivation and commitment to fundamental research in the field of lipid biology
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent technical, organizational, and management skills
- Good communication skills and fluency in English
- Join a high-profile research project focused on understanding the workings of proteins at the surface of cell and organelle membranes.
- Investigate how lipid transporters, particularly lipid-transfer proteins, function at the surface of biological membranes.
- Decipher mechanisms by which lipid signatures and gradients are sensed and “read” by lipid transporters.
- Characterize the effects of discrete mutations on the membrane and lipid recognition.
- Utilize novel biochemical and microfluidic assays to biochemically characterize peripheral membrane proteins and study the mechanism of lipid transport.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- CV including names and addresses of references
- Covering letter
Last Date for Apply: To be agreed upon, ideally in the fall of 2023
For general inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the following address: Prof. Dr. Anne-Claude Gavin Faculty of Medicine, Department for Cell Physiology and Metabolism Centre Médical Universitaire Rue Michel-Servet 1, CH-1211 Genève 4, Switzerland
For additional information, please visit the following links: