Postdoctoral Researcher – Lignocellulose Chemistry: Join our research group at Aalto University as a Postdoctoral Researcher in the field of lignocellulose chemistry. In this role, you will contribute to a project focused on the polymeric properties of wood hemicelluloses and lignins, with a specific emphasis on solubility, miscibility, and their quantification. The aim is to apply this knowledge to overcome challenges in biomass processing and materials design. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to deepen your expertise in polymers in solution and work towards the future of wood-based polymer technologies.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Lignocellulose Chemistry
Location: School of Chemical Engineering, Aalto University, Espoo, Greater Helsinki, Finland
- Recently obtained a PhD or doctoral degree in chemistry, polymer chemistry or technology, forest products, or a related field.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Interest in working in the laboratory, conducting experiments, measurements, and data analysis.
- Conduct research in the field of lignocellulose chemistry, focusing on the polymeric properties of wood hemicelluloses and lignins.
- Investigate solubility, miscibility, and their quantification.
- Translate research findings into solutions for biomass processing and materials design.
- Collaborate with the research group headed by Prof. Tiina Nypelö in the Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems.
- Contribute to the FinnCERES flagship program.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please submit your application through our online recruitment system no later than June 4, 2023, by using the link on Aalto University’s webpage (“Apply now”). If you are an Aalto employee, please apply via the Workday system (internal jobs).
Please include the following documents in English as a single PDF document:
- 1-page motivation letter specific to this project
- 1-page description of previous relevant research experience
- CV with a possible list of publications and the title of your doctoral/PhD thesis
- List of references that we may contact
For more information about Aalto University, the position, and your future colleagues, you can watch the following videos: Aalto University – Towards a better world, Aalto People, and Shaping a Sustainable Future. You can also explore our webpage about Aalto and Finland: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/welcome-to-aalto-university-and-finland-info-package and our new virtual campus experience: https://virtualtour.aalto.fi/.
Last Date for Apply: 4 June 2023
Aalto University reserves the right, for justified reasons, to leave the position open, extend the application period, and consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
Please note that Finland is a safe, politically stable, and well-organized Nordic society. It offers an excellent quality of life and was recently ranked as the happiest country in the world. For more information about living in Finland, please visit: [For international staff | Aalto University](https://www.aalto.fi/en/services