Postdoctoral Scientist/Researcher in Physics: The Helmholtz Institute Jena (HI Jena), a collaborative institution of the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena and the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research GmbH, is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist/Researcher to join the Soft X-ray Imaging group. In this role, you will contribute to the advancement of table-top XUV and X-ray Ptychography, enabling multi-spectral, correlative, and 3D imaging. Your work will have applications in various fields, including materials science and biology, and will involve proof-of-principle experiments.
Designation: Postdoctoral Scientist / Researcher
Research Area: Advanced Table-Top Ptychography with XUV and X-ray Light
Location: Helmholtz Institute Jena, Jena, Germany
- Practical experience in coherent imaging and/or deep knowledge in phase retrieval.
- Proficient skills in experimental work with lasers, XUV/soft X-ray radiation, and/or advanced programming.
- A keen interest in developing and establishing novel imaging techniques.
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills in English and German.
Postdoctoral Scientist / Researcher (all genders) in Physics for Advanced Table-Top Ptychography with XUV and X-ray Light
As a Postdoctoral Scientist/Researcher in Physics, your responsibilities will include:
- Advancing table-top XUV and X-ray Ptychography with multiplex approaches, correlative and 3D imaging.
- Establishing a data workflow with high data rates and adapted reconstruction algorithms.
- Conducting proof-of-principle experiments on biological samples and complex nanomaterials.
- A fixed-term 2-year contract within Germany’s largest research foundation.
- Compensation and benefits based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund) effective at GSI.
- The position will be based in Jena, Germany.
GSI promotes the professional development of women and welcomes applications from women. Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their applications, including the usual documents and stating the identification number (Posting ID: 23.57-4236), until October 3, 2023, to email@example.com or by mail to:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH Abteilung Personal Planckstrasse 1 64291 Darmstadt
For any questions or inquiries, please contact Dr. Jan Rothhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +49 3641 947-818.