Designation/Position- Project Postdoctoral Fellow at IIT
IIT Kanpur, India invites application for Project Postdoctoral Fellow at IIT from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act. Project Postdoctoral Fellow at IIT
Research/Job Area- Chemical Engineering/Computational Physics/ Computational Physical Chemistry
Location- IIT Kanpur
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/Computational Physics/ Computational Physical Chemistry
- The candidate should have a strong background in statistical mechanics, molecular simulations, and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have significant experience in classical molecular simulations, particularly Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics.
- The candidate should have rich experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment and software codes such as LAMMPS, PLUMED, GROMACS.
- Experience in methods such as Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation would be considered favourably
Advertisement Number: P.Rect/R&D/2021/93
Computational Nanoscience and Interfacial Science Lab invites application for the post of Project Postdoctoral Fellow in the SERB project ” Understanding The Self-Assembly Of Amphiphilic Molecules In Supercooled Solvents Using Molecular Simulations”
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for developing a machine learning/deep learning module to accelerate the discovery of molecules/materials for a specific application. The work is in collaboration with Prescience Insilico Pvt. Ltd.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated Salary: 50000-55000-60000
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short listing of eligible candidates satisfying qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
How to Apply-
Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to :
The selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online Interview. Short listed candidate s will be informed with an email about the date of interview.
Interested candidates may be apply on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificate by 25 June. 2021.
It is mandatory to mention your mobile number in the application (soft copy) must be sent at following email address.