Research Assistant at BasCat: The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is offering two positions for Research Assistants at the BasCat – UniCat BASF JointLab, Faculty II – Institute of Chemistry, TU Berlin. The focus of the research is on catalytic hydrogenation of plastic waste to contribute to a circular plastic economy. The project aims to efficiently utilize green hydrogen for transforming mixed plastic waste into a raw material for the chemical industry.
|13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen
Study Area: The research project is dedicated to heterogeneous catalysis and is conducted by multi-disciplinary teams at TU Berlin.
Scholarship Description: The project involves preparing and evaluating various solid catalysts for chemical recycling of plastic waste, conducting kinetic studies using high-pressure and high-temperature single autoclave units, and detailed characterization of catalysts. The goal is to contribute to a sustainable, energy- and atom-efficient circular economy.
- Successfully completed university degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Experience in the preparation and characterization of inorganic materials (solid catalysts).
- Good knowledge of German and/or English.
- Desirable: Knowledge in polymer/product analysis using techniques such as GCMS-FID, simulated distillation, 2DGG, GPC, and DSC.
Required Documents: Applications should include the reference number and the following documents in one single PDF file:
- Cover letter
- Copy of the certificates of your Diplom/Master
- Summary of your M.Sc. Thesis
- Publication record if applicable
How to Apply: Send your complete application via email to Dr. Al-Naji at email@example.com.
By submitting your application via email, you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. For data protection information, refer to the TU staff department homepage: Data Protection Notice.
Last Date: Until position filled
Contact Information: Technische Universität Berlin – Die Präsidentin – Fakultät II, Institut für Chemie, BasCat – Sekr. EW K-01, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin.