Designation/Position- Research Associate at NIPGR
National Institute of Plant Genome Research, New Delhi, invites applications for Research Associate at NIPGR from eligible and interested candidates.
About- The National Institute of Plant Genome Research is an autonomous institution supported by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. Research Associate at NIPGR
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Plant Molecular Biology or any other related field
Location- New Delhi
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the DST Office Memorandum number SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated January 30, 2019 with Ph.D. degree (awarded) in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Plant Molecular Biology or any other related field with good academic record (throughout 1st class) and research experience in plant molecular biology field with at least three first-authored research publications in peer-reviewed international journals with JCR impact factor are eligible to apply.
- The research experience in the field of understanding thermotolerance in plants is highly desirable.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for filling up purely temporary positions of one Research Associate-III and one Field Worker in the DBT Project entitled “Exploration of heat and cytokinin signaling interaction for enhancing thermomemory in plants”, of Dr. Ashverya Laxmi, Scientist, NIPGR. The details of the positions are as under:
Research Associate III (one post): Emoluments as per DST/DBT norms and as sanctioned in the project.
- The above positions are completely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project.
- The fellowship/emolument amount for the above position is as sanctioned in the project and as per DBT/DST norms.
- The initial appointment will be for one year or till the tenability of the project whichever is earlier and the same can be curtailed/extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and discretion of the Competent Authority.
- NIPGR reserves the right to select the candidate against the above post depending upon the qualification and experience of the candidate. Reservation of posts shall be as per Govt. of India norms.
- The appointment may be terminated any time by giving one month notice by either side.
- The applicants will have no claim implicit or explicit for consideration against any regular position of NIPGR.
How to Apply-
Eligible candidates may apply by sending soft copy through e-mail in the given format with a cover letter showing interest along with self- attested soft copies of the mark-sheets, certificates, (from Class X onwards) and proof of research experience/publications. A single pdf file, consisting of application from cover letter, and all documents, must be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with in 15 days from the date of advertisement.
The subject line of the mail should be “Application for the Post of Research Associate-III or Field Worker in DBT funded project. A web-link with date and time of online interview will be e-mailed to the shortlisted candidates only.
The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate(s).
Note: ONLY soft copy of the application in the given format will be accepted. Incomplete applications and those in the wrong format will be summarily rejected. No TA/DA will be paid for attending online interview. For any clarification candidates may contact Scientist in charge on above mentioned e-mail only.