Designation/Position- Research Associate I (RA-1) Post
IIT Kanpur, India, invites applications for Research Associate I (RA-1) Post from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is a public technical and research university in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act. Research Associate I (RA-1) Post
Research/Job Area- Physics/ Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
Location- IIT Kanpur
- Ph.D. in Physics/ Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations (DFT, MD) and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have a significant experience in quantum & classical molecular simulations.
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, and C++ and experience in the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation and coarse-graining would be desirable.
- Experience in using VASP, GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
IIT KANPUR invites applications for the post of Research Associate-I in the “DST project “Bioenergy & H2 Map”
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for developing a strategy to screen 2D materials using DFT and machine learning approaches for an efficient H2 generation from biomass. The work is in collaboration with an experimental group.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If the performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Salary: 47000 + HRA as per Institute norms
The department reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for shortlisting eligible candidates with qualifications and experience. Only short-listed candidates will accordingly be called for an interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
How to Apply-
Interested candidates should send their application along with their resume to: