Research Associate in Physical and Theoretical Chemistry: The University of Bristol is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Research Associate to work with Prof. Mulholland in the Centre for Computational Chemistry. The position is for 15 months and involves the development, application, and demonstration of interactive virtual reality software and methods for design, molecular modelling, and simulation of proteins and catalysts. The project includes the development of cloud-based tools for virtual collaboration in protein, catalyst, and molecular design.
Designation: Research Associate
Research Area: Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
Salary: £35,333 to £39,745
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Placed On: 28th February 2023
Closes: 28th March 2023
Job Ref: ACAD106688
Eligibility/Qualification: The candidate should have a PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with expertise in computational chemistry. Experience in molecular dynamics simulations, protein design, modelling catalytic mechanisms, cloud computing, and interactive virtual reality would be useful but is not essential.
As a Research Associate, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assess, develop, implement and apply interactive virtual reality tools for design and molecular modelling of proteins and catalysts.
- Work with other researchers on the design and engineering of proteins and catalysts.
- Develop software and implement local and cloud-based tools for virtual collaboration and work with other researchers to design and simulate proteins and catalysts in virtual reality.
- Demonstrate the tools to new users, train users, and develop opportunities for translation and exploitation.
- Compare different tools and work with users to identify needs and applications and routes to development.
- Develop software and implement features and interfaces for molecular design of proteins and catalysts.
- Apply the tools you develop to proteins, catalysts, and hybrid systems in collaboration with experimental partners in Bristol and elsewhere, and engage with users in industry.
- Collaborate and work closely with researchers from different backgrounds.
How to Apply: The candidates can apply online through the University of Bristol’s recruitment platform by clicking on the link given below.
Last Date for Apply: The application deadline is 28th March 2023.