Postdoctoral Position in Quantum Communications: The Institute for Optoelectronic Systems and Microtechnology at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid is seeking a highly motivated postdoc with a strong academic performance to participate in a breakthrough project on the subject of quantum communications. The candidate will work on the molecular beam epitaxy growth of novel Sb-containing quantum dot architectures with emission at the telecom O and C-bands, as well as in the structural and optical characterization of the nanostructures.
Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research Area: Quantum Communications, Semiconductor Nanostructures, Epitaxial Growth, Low Density Quantum Dots
Location: Madrid, Spain
- PhD in the area of semiconductor nanostructures, preferably in the epitaxial growth and characterization of low density quantum dots for single photon emission
- Degree in Physics, Electrical/Telecommunication/Material Engineering or a similar area
- Full professional competence in English
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Job Description: The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Molecular beam epitaxy growth of novel Sb-containing quantum dot architectures with emission at the telecom O and C-bands
- Structural and optical characterization of the nanostructures
- Collaborate with renowned partners inside and outside Spain
- Contribute to a breakthrough project on the subject of quantum communications
- Two-year contract, extendable
- Annual Gross Salary: 24,000 € – 29,000 € commensurate with experience
- Health and Social benefits according to Spanish law
- Work in a highly competent and competitive international environment
How to Apply:
- Send a short CV and a short motivation letter to Jose Maria Ulloa (jmulloa@isom upm.es)
- Attach a copy of your PhD/university degree certificate to the application.
Last Date for Apply: Rolling Application Process, apply as soon as possible.