Designation/Position- Research Associate Position in IIEST
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur invites application for Research Associate Position in IIEST from eligible candidates
About- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, an Institute of National Importance engaged in teaching, research and development requires faculty for its various academic units. The Institute invites application from Indian nationals, possessing excellent academic background, commitment to top quality teaching and proven credentials for carrying out outstanding research and development for the various Departments / Schools/ Centres: Research Associate Position in IIEST
Research/Job Area- Physics/Electronics
Location- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
Essential Qualification: Ph.D (Awarded or Submitted) from a recognized Indian University/Institute with good number of research publication(s) in reputed journals of Optics.
1. Ph.D (Awarded or Submitted) having Master degree in Physics/Electronics
2. Minimum two published papers in SCOPUS/SCI indexed journals.
4. At least 60% marks in Bachelor and Master Degree.
Age Limit: Maximum 32 years, (Upper age limit relaxation up to 5 years is applicable for SC/ST/OBC/Woman and physically handicapped candidates).
Project on: “Investigation on the Performance characteristics of Single Mode Semiconductor core optical fibers and waveguides in view of nonlinear pulse dynamics”
Fellowship: ₹47,000/- per month + ₹ 11,280/- (HRA @24%) = Total: ₹ 58,280/- Per month
Name of the post: Research Associate-I
No of post – One
Duration: till June 2026
How to Apply-
Interested candidates are requested to apply for the following post in the Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, Howrah-711 103.
Interested eligible candidates should mail soft copies of the application letter in plain paper, recent bio-data, mark sheets and certificates. All documents should be self-attested. Physical documents will be verified at the time of interview. The selection will be canceled if any discrepancies are found in the documents at the time of physical verification.
Venue and Date of the interview: Information about the venue and the date of the interview will be sent to the eligible candidates only by e-mail.
- Soft copies of the application letter, bio-data, mark sheets and certificates should be sent through e-mail in advance by 10th September, 2023 to: Prof. Mousumi Basu, Principal Investigator (E-mail id: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All applications must mention a valid e-mail id and phone number for communicating date of interview.
- Short listing may be done before the interview.