Designation/Position- Scientist Positions at Birbal Sahni Institute
Birbal Sahni Institute of Paleosciences, Lucknow, India invites applications for Scientist Positions at Birbal Sahni Institute from eligible and interested candidates
About- Birbal Sahni Institute of Paleosciences, Lucknow was established the Institute in the year 1946 to explore and develop palaeobotany as a science in itself, visualizing its potential in solving issues of origin and evolution of plant life, other geological issues including exploration of fossil fuels. Originally plant fossil and related studies based, the mandate of the BSIP was recently expanded to combine it with other areas of palaeosciences, and creating modern facilities to achieve this end. Scientist ‘B’ Position
Research/Job Area- Biosciences/ Geology/Physics/Chemistry or an allied discipline in Earth Science
Location- Birbal Sahni Institute of Paleosciences, Lucknow
Recruitment for Scientists and Multi-Tasking Staff at Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences (BSIP)
Summary: Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences (BSIP) is accepting online applications for the recruitment of Scientist ‘F’, Scientist ‘B’, and Multi-Tasking Staff-I (MTS-I) positions. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through the Institute website by 15.03.2023.
Designation: Scientist ‘F’, Scientist ‘B’, Multi-Tasking Staff-I (MTS-I)
Research Area: in a relevant field
Location: Lucknow, India
- Scientist ‘F’: Ph.D. in a relevant field with 12 years of experience or M.Tech/M.Sc with 16 years of experience in research and development in industrial and academic institutions.
- Scientist ‘B’: M.Sc or M.Tech in a relevant field with 3 years of experience or Ph.D. in a relevant field.
- Multi-Tasking Staff-I (MTS-I): Matriculation (10th) pass.
|Scientist ‘F’||PhD in the relevant research area and 10 years of experience in research|
|Scientist ‘B’||M.Sc. or equivalent degree in relevant research area and 3 years of experience in research|
|Multi-Tasking-Staff-I (MTS-I)||Matriculation or equivalent|
- Scientist ‘F’: Leading research and development projects, guiding students and research staff, participating in administrative and outreach activities.
- Scientist ‘B’: Conducting research and development activities, participating in academic and administrative activities, supervising students and technical staff.
- Multi-Tasking Staff-I (MTS-I): Assisting in laboratory and field activities, handling equipment, cleaning and maintenance of labs, and any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
|Essential Requirements||All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement|
|Shortlisting||All the applications received within the due date in response to this advertisement shall be considered for short-listing by a Screening Committee and ONLY the candidates recommended by the Screening Committee after the necessary approval of the Competent Authority, will be called for the test and/or interview|
|Number of Posts||The number of post(s) may vary. The Institute reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides|
|Relaxation of Requirements||Qualifications, experience, and other requirements for any post may be relaxed/upgraded by the Institute in the interest of the Institute’s requirement towards fulfilling its current research mandate|
|Probation Period||Selected candidates will be appointed initially on probation of two years. Continuation of their service will depend on satisfactory clearance of probation|
|New Pension Scheme||The candidates selected to these posts will be governed by the New Pension Scheme|
|Transfer||The selected candidates for various posts shall be liable for transfer among various Projects/Sections/Units of the Institute at the discretion of the Director|
|Allowances||Usual allowances as per rules of the Institute which are on the Government of India pattern are admissible for the post|
|Modifications||The Institute reserves the right to alter/insert any corrections/additions in the advertisement/website in the event of any typographical error before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications|
|Rejection of Applications||The Competent Authority of Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences (BSIP), Lucknow reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof|
|Jurisdiction||In case of any disputes, any suites or legal proceedings against the Institute, the territorial jurisdiction shall be restricted to the Courts in Lucknow at District Court Lucknow and Lucknow Bench of Hon’ble High Court, Allahabad|
|Personal Interview||Under any circumstances, the request to change personal interview and/or written/skill examination date/slot will not be accepted|
|TA/DA||No TA/DA will be paid by the Institute for attending personal interview/written examination and subsequent skill test, etc.|
|Incomplete Application||Incomplete On-line application, in any respect shall…|
|Post Designation||Application Fee|
|Scientist ‘F’||Rs. 1000/- (For Gen/OBC/EWS candidates)|
|Scientist ‘B’||Rs. 1000/- (For Gen/OBC/EWS candidates)|
|Multi-Tasking-Staff-I (MTS-I)||Rs. 250/- (For Gen/OBC/EWS candidates)|
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should apply their application only ONLINE through the Institute website www.bsip.res.in under the section “CAREER BSIP RECRUITMENT PORTAL”.
- No hard copy of the application is required to be sent by the candidates to BSIP, Lucknow.
- Candidates should pay the application fee online through the prescribed link at the online application portal.
- For any Technical and Administrative issues/support, the candidates may call on the given Mob./telephone numbers.
Last Date for Apply: 15.03.2023 (up to 1700 Hrs.)
Table 1: Important Dates
|Commencement of online registration||20.02.2023||N/A|
|Last date for submission of application & payment||15.03.2023||upto 1700 Hrs.|