Two PhD Assistantships; Open-rank Professor: The Marine Science Center at Northeastern University in Nahant, MA, has two openings for highly motivated students interested in Sustainability Science in Marine and Environmental Sciences. These PhD assistantships are part of NSF and EPA-funded projects and offer an exciting opportunity to work on critical environmental issues related to flood management and hydrologic modeling.
Designation: PhD Assistantships
Research Area: Sustainability Science in Marine and Environmental Sciences
Location: Marine Science Center, Nahant, MA
Eligibility/Qualification: We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Highly motivated students eager to contribute to Sustainability Science.
- Preferably, candidates with experience in interviewing and qualitative analysis.
- A strong interest in research related to environmental sustainability and conservation.
Job Description: As a PhD Assistant in Sustainability Science, you will be involved in the following projects:
- Engaging stakeholders in repetitive-loss flood communities to understand local-scale implementation of Nature-based Solutions for addressing flood and drought on the Missouri River.
- Engaging professional practitioners in hydrologic modeling to improve decision-making in the upper Mississippi River Basin.
These projects are critical for addressing environmental challenges and making a positive impact on sustainability in the marine and environmental sciences.
How to Apply: To apply for these PhD assistantships, please visit the link provided and refer to the attached flyer for detailed information on the application process.
Last Date for Apply: Rolling applications – Apply at your earliest convenience
Join us at Northeastern University to work on projects that have a significant impact on sustainability in marine and environmental sciences. Don’t miss the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in this field. Apply today!
Additional Opportunity: Northeastern University is also hiring for an Open-Rank Tenure-Track Faculty Position on Biodiversity & Society in the College of Social Sciences and Humanities. If you have expertise in the social dimensions of biological conservation and a commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration, consider applying for this exciting position. For more information, please visit the Sustainability Science Lab website.
Link (PhD assistantships in Sustainability Science)