Bose Institute Recruitment, Kolkata, India – Director Position
Designation/Position- Bose Institute Recruitment
Bose Institute, Kolkata, India invites applications for Bose Institute Recruitment from eligible and interested candidates
About- Bose Institute, Kolkata, invites applications/nominations from highly motivated and dynamic scientists/academicians of eminence, who should be Indian Nationals, for the post of Director. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader with substantial experience and achievements in the field of Physical or Life Science with a clear vision for an institution dedicated to these areas of research. Bose Institute Recruitment
Location- Bose Institute, Kolkata, India
Age Limit: Not exceeding 56 years as on 1st January, 2023.
- Educational and other qualifications:
Essential qualification: Doctorate in Physical or Life sciences.
- Original published work of high standard,
- Evidence of high professional eminence by way of recognitions like fellowship of academies, national/international awards in science, etc.
For Direct Recruitment
- At least 20 years of experience in R&D in industrial and academic institutions and/or Science and Technology organizations or as faculty/ scientist of recognized national/ international universities/ research institutes/ corporate R&D Labs etc., out of which at least 4 years should be in managerial/administrative capacity for science & technology programmes, planning and development, budget & finance, coordination and such organizational matters.
- R&D experience in the Physical or Life Sciences as undertaken by the Institute.
For Deputation/ Contract:
In case of recruitment by Deputation/Contract – Scientist or Technologists working in the Central/State Govt./Universities/Recognized Research Institutions/ Semi-Govt, Statutory or Autonomous Organisations in India,
- (i) holding analogous post; or
(ii) 5 years regular service in post carrying pay in the pay band of Rs.37,40067,000+ GP of Rs. 10,000/- (pre-revised) as per 6th CPC/ Pay Level 14 as per 7th CPC or equivalent
- Possessing the essential educational qualifications mentioned in 7 above and essential experience mentioned above for Direct recruitment.
The Director will be appointed after obtaining the approval of the Competent Authority based on the recommendations made by a high-level Search-cum-Selection Committee. The Search-cum- Selection Committee will consider applications received in response to this advertisement as well as nominations received from eminent academic persons like Fellows of National Science Academies, Directors of National Laboratories, Vice Chancellors of Universities etc.
The SearchcumSelection Committee can consider those who may not have applied for the post after considering all the applications and nominations and finding that no candidate is suitable. The SearchcumSelection Committee can also invite a person of high repute for appointment.
The Ministry/SearchcumSelection Committee would formulate transparent criteria for short listing of candidates and for the subsequent selection.
On the recommendation of the SearchcumSelection Committee, the appointment of the candidate shall be made by the Governing Council with the approval/concurrence of Central Govt. (Dept. of Science and Technology) and Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), wherever applicable.
- Name of the post: Director
- Classification: Scientific
- Pay Scale: Rs.67,000-(annual increment @ 3%)-79,000/- (Pre-revised) as per 6th CPC or Pay Level -15 as per 7th CPC and allowances as per Rules
- Mode of recruitment:
- Recruitment for the post of Director shall be made by any of the following method(s):
- By Direct RecruitmentBy Deputation, including shortterm contract
All candidates are requested to specify under which mode of recruitment, he/she desires to be considered.
Tenure for Direct Recruitment & Deputation/Short-term Contract: 3 to 5 years or on attaining the age of superannuation as per extant Govt. instructions (60 years at present) whichever is earlier.
- Application/Nomination Process:
By Post: In case of direct applications, the information in the attached formats I and
II should be sent by post to the Registrar, Bose Institute, Unified Academic Campus, Block-EN 80, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700091, along with selfattested photocopies of certificates in support of Age, Qualifications and experience so as to reach the above mentioned address latest by 22/05/2023. The last date of receipt of applications from candidates (including nominations) from Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep will be 22/05/2023.
Nominations: In case of nominations, the eminent persons nominating a candidate may forward the candidate’s application along with recommendations by post so as to reach the above address by 22/05/2023.
How to Apply-
In addition to the above, applicants are advised to send a copy of their application/nominations by email to the Chairman, Bose Institute Governing Council at email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed with
“Application for the post of Director, Bose Institute, Kolkata”
Last Date for Apply– 22 May 2023