Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships – 2019 in UK university
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
Eligible and interested candidates can apply for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships – 2019 from low and middle income countries
About- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are for PhD candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to spend up to 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral studies in their home country.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Location- UK university
These scholarships are for:
- Applicants who are citizens of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- 12 months study at a UK university as part of an applicant’s doctoral studies in their home country, starting in October 2019
- Applicants who are registered (or will be registered by September 2019) for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Study at a UK university with which your home university has an established institutional or departmental link.
- Study at a UK university which has a part funding agreement with the CSC
Full eligibility criteria is included in the terms and conditions on page 2. Please read all sections of the terms and conditions before applying.
How to Apply-
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s online application system. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system. You are not required to apply via a nominating body for these scholarships.
Only one application per applicant for these scholarships will be accepted.
Please refer to the read only Commonwealth Scholarships for Split-site Candidates 2019 – Sample Application Form as guidance before starting the online application form.
Your application must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 04 February 2019 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
Supporting documentation deadline: Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 18 February 2019
- Copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Supporting statement from your supervisor at your home country university, highlighting current institutional links submitted directly by your supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request).
- Supporting statement from your proposed supervisor at a UK university, highlighting current institutional links submitted directly by your supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request).
- Reference from at least one other individual – submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted outside the online application system.
Eligible applications will be considered firstly by an academic adviser with expertise in the subject area concerned, and then by the CSC selection committee in competition with other candidates.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the research proposal
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
For further details, see the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2019 selection criteria.
If you have any queries about applying for a Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship, you can Contact. We will not use your email address for any purpose other than responding to your enquiry.
Last Date for Apply– 04 February 2019