Designation/Position- CRG International PhD Fellowships Programme
Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain invites application for CRG International PhD Fellowships Programme- 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Centre for Genomic Regulation is a biomedical and genomics research centre based on Barcelona. Most of its facilities and laboratories are located in the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park, in front of Somorrostro beach. Since July 2015 CNAG, located in the Parc Científic de Barcelona, became an outstation of CRG. CRG International PhD Fellowships Programme
More Opportunity- International PhD Fellowships 2021: IRB Barcelona, Spain
Research/Job Area- Biomedical Sciences
Decide which two CRG Supervisors you are most interested in applying for. Successful candidates will carry out their research in one of the following scientific fields:
BAUD Lab – Big Data | Statistical Genetics | Social Environment | Gut Microbiome | Biomedical Phenoytpes | Rodent Models
BELTRAN Lab – Rare Diseases | Diagnosis | Genome Analysis | Phenomics | Metabolomics | Multi-Omics Analysis | Bioinformatics
BÖKE Lab – Metabolism | Protein Homeostasis | Mitochondria | Oocytes | Fertility | Ageing
COSMA Lab – Stem cells | Somatic Cell Reprogramming | Tissue Regeneration | Super Resolution Microscopy | Chromatin | Modelling| Gene Networks
FERRER Lab – Computational Regulatory Genomics | Genetics Diabetes Mellitus | Statistical Genetics | Mathematics
IRIMIA Lab – Evolution | Zygotic Genome Activation | Evo-Devo | Pan-Metazoan Transcriptomics | Transposable Elements | Gene Regulatory Layers
NOVOA Lab – RNA Modifications | Epitranscriptomics | Nanopore Sequencing | Single Cell Sequencing | Computational Biology | Molecular Biology | M6A
SABIDO Lab – Proteomics | Computational Proteomics | Analytical Chemistry |Mass Spectrometry | Machine Learning Bioinformatics
SEBE-PEDROS Lab – Gene Regulatory Networks | Evol. Biology | Animal Development | Transcription Factors | Single-Cell Transcriptomics | Comparative Genomics
SERRANO Lab – Synthetic Biology | Systems Biology | Computational Biology | Human Disease
SURREY Lab – Cytoskeleton | Microtubules | Motor Proteins | Self-Organization | Molecular Crowding | Phase Separation | In Vitro Reconstitution | Fluorescence Microscopy
VELTEN Lab – Synthetic Biology | Single-cell Genomics | Stem cells | Gene regulation | Genetic screens | Artificial intelligence
Location- Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain
Candidates should fulfil the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If it becomes clear before, during or after the evaluation phase that one or more of the eligibility criteria have not been fulfilled, the proposal is declared ineligible and is withdrawn from any further examination.
- The call is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Masters Degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent University Degree that allows starting a Ph.D. thesis in the candidate’s home country in October 2021. Candidates who expect to be awarded such a degree by October 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience, and a strong commitment to scientific research.
- Candidates must have high working knowledge of English.
- Candidates invited to previous Ph.D. call interviews are not eligible.
- Candidates performing their Masters at the CRG during the 2020/2021 academic year are not eligible.
- Preferably, candidates may not have worked at the CRG for more than 3 months before the call deadline
In this call, CRG do offer up to 12 fully funded scholarships for international life sciences PhD students
- 2 fellowships through the PROTrEIN “Innovative Training Network” (herein referred to as ITN Grants) to Sabido lab and to Beltran lab. Candidates for these positions must undertake trans-national mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- 1 fellowship through the ROPES “Innovative Training Network” (herein referred to as ITN Grants) to Novoalab. Candidates for this position must undertake trans-national mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- 1 fellowship through the circRTrain“Innovative Training Network” (herein referred to as ITN Grants) to Irimia lab in a joint project with Sebe-Pedros lab. Candidates for this position must undertake trans-national mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. The starting date of this position is February 1st, 2021.
- Up to 8 fellowships funded by the labs (ERC grant, Proyectos I+D Excelencia/Retos” 2020 Call funded by MINECO (herein referred to as FPI-project Grants, CRG Cofe funding, etc.).
Selected Ph.D. students will receive an annual work contract with a competitive salary that will be renewed annually for a maximum of 4 years ( 3-year contract for ITNs) following the applicable national regulations.
All Ph.D. students will receive full health and occupational insurance coverage and will be included in the Spanish Social Security System.
How to Apply-
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Candidates must register to use the online application system.
- The online application form requests all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (General information, Education, Coursework, Honours, scholarships, prizes and awards, research experience, scientific interests, and reference letters.)
- If the academic transcripts are not in Catalan, Spanish, or English, applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above-mentioned languages.
- Two reference letters will be automatically requested to the referees proposed by the candidate through the online system.
- Applicants should select a maximum of 2 labs in which they would like to work.
- Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline, including the reference letters. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to the applicant.
Applicants who would like to receive the call’s information in an alternative format (e.g., large print, Braille, audio, or hard copy) or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on + 34 93 316 01 00.
For any additional information, please contact the Academic Office at academicoffice (email@example.com)
The selection of the fellows will be based on the candidates’ academic qualifications and research excellence.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection will be based on the candidate’s CV, reference letters, and research interests. Complete applications will be reviewed within a month after the deadline.
- Oral interviews: Due to the current situation caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, we anticipate the possibility of conducting interviews in a virtual format. Full details regarding the interview process will be sent to invited candidates 4 – 6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Notification to candidates: Offers will be made to the successful candidates shortly after the interview period. Successful candidates would be expected to start the Ph.D. latest by October 2021.
More details are included in the Call Text.
For Contact- In case of doubts about the eligibility criteria, applicants should contact the Academic Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to submitting an application.
For any additional information, please contact the CRG Academic Office at: email@example.com