Young Researcher Award by Tata Memorial Trust (LTMT), India
Designation/Position- Young Researcher Award
Lady Tata Memorial Trust (LTMT), India invites application for Young Researcher Award from eligible and interested candidates
This Scheme is instituted by the Lady Tata Memorial Trust (LTMT) to recognize and reward doctoral scholars, young Indian scientists with an outstanding track record in biological sciences, a deep commitment to finding innovative solutions to major problems related to human diseases, and potential for high-quality research. Applicants should have publications in well recognized peer-reviewed journals of repute and contributed to knowledge generation that has created a significant impact in the field of translational possibilities. The applicant should also highlight prestigious award(s) and other recognitions such as Award(s) of major academies/societies.
Research/Job Area- All areas of Life Sciences and Biotechnology related to human diseases will be covered by this Award.
Location- The Institution where the candidate is working will provide the necessary infrastructure and administrative support for pursuing research under this Award.
- The Award is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 40 years as of 31st March 2021.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in any Biological Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology related areas. The applicant must have at least 4 years’ professional experience in the specific area after obtaining the above degree.
- The candidate must have a regular position in a University / Organization / Institute in India. He/she should be engaged in research and development and have publications arising from research done as an independent investigator in India. The awardee will be eligible for regular research grants through extramural and other research schemes of various S & T agencies of India’s Government.
The aim is to reward Young Researchers (< 40 years) who have displayed a potential for high quality research.
The Trust institutes this Scheme to recognize and reward young Indian scientists, below the age of 40, with an outstanding track record in biological sciences, a deep commitment to finding innovative solutions to major problems related to human diseases potential for high-quality research. Applicants must have a regular position in a University / Organization / Institute in India. They should be engaged in research and development and have publications from research done as an independent investigator in India.
The amount of Award will be Rs.25,000/- per month plus a contingency grant of Rs.5 lakhs per annum, in addition to the regular salary drawn from the host Institute.
- The amount of the Award will be 25,000/- per month and a regular salary from the host institute.
- Besides, the Young Researcher will receive a contingency grant of 7.00 lakhs per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, human resources, and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of the research project under the Award. All bills and receipts should be sent to the LTMT office every six months after purchasing any items from the contingency grant.
The Institution where the candidate is working will provide the necessary infrastructure and administrative support for pursuing research under this Award.
The duration of the Award will be initially for three years, extendable further by two years, on a review by the Trust’s Experts’ Committee.
PROCESSING FEE :
A Demand Draft of Rs.500/- being Processing Fee (non-refundable) should be forwarded in favor of the Lady Tata Memorial Trust. The DD should be scanned and submitted in the online form and original to be couriered to the trust’s office.
How to Apply-
The candidate must forward the application through the Director of a recognized Research Institute or Laboratory where he/she proposes to work.
The application for this after doctoral scholarships should be addressed to The Secretary, Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street Mumbai 400 001, and submitted online on our website by 15th January 2021.
The selected applicants will be called for an interview in the middle / third week of March/April 2021 and based on a personal interview; one young researcher will be awarded and announced by the end of March/April 2021. The selected Researcher will be required to commence research effective 1st April/May 2021.
Applicants must comply with the above instructions strictly. An application will not be considered if the candidate fails to furnish the requisite information and supporting documents, certificates and letters.
For Contact- Lady Tata Memorial Trust (LTMT), Bombay House, Homi Mody Street, Mumbai 400 001
- Tel : 66658282 / 66657697
- e-mail : email@example.com
Last Date for Apply– 15 January 2021