CNBCh, Poland invites application for PhD funding position in flexible nanoelectronics from eligible and interested candidates
Designation/Position- PhD Scholarship
About- Laboratory of Physico-Chemistry of Materials („Szoszlab”), localized at Biological and Chemical Research Centre (CNBCh) in the beautiful Ochota Campus of the University of Warsaw, led by Assoc. Prof. Robert Szoszkiewicz invites applications for: a PhD Scholarship
financed by the Polish National Science Center (NCN) under a grant Opus 14 „Mechanistic investigations for local thermal oxidation of thin MoS2” in the field of basic research for flexible nanoelectronics.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry or Physics or Material Science
Location- Centrum Nauk Biologiczno-Chemicznych Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego (CNBCh), Poland
• Motivated applicants for PhD funding should able to analyze and present scientific data using computers and in fluent English.
• MSc in either Chemistry or Physics or Material Science.
• Readiness to perform daily work duties at CNBCh.
• Readiness to travel for a few short research stays abroad during the time of the project.
• Evidence of earlier scientific works such as publications and/or conference posters/talks.
• Prior experience in the physicochemistry of 2D materials using AFM and/or other methods
• Super nice labs at CNBCh in a beautiful Ochota Campus of UW!
• Great research in collaboration with well-acclaimed researchers in Switzerland and USA.
• NCN scholarship of 3000 PLN net per month for a period of up to 36 months.
The results will be e-published on the UW Chemistry website by January 25th, 2019. Start date: February 15th, 2019.
Research group might contact only selected candidates, cancel the search or repeat the search at a later date.
How to Apply- Please email all the following documents to rs[email protected] by January 15th, 2019:
• CV with a cover letter.
• MSc thesis (in a pdf format).
• Names, emails and telephone numbers of two references.
• List of all the grades from the MSc and BSc studies.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application: „I hereby consent
to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. Krakowskie
Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an
employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my
rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
(place and date) (signature of the person applying for employment)
Last Date for Apply– 15 January 2019