Designation/Position- PhD Scholarship
Faculty of Engineering, Vrije Universiteit Brussel , Belgium offers 100% PhD Scholarship for candidates having Master in Science, Industrial Sciences or Engineering with a specification related to Electronics and informatics.
About- The Vrije Universiteit Brussel has been a leading player in the Flemish Higher Education landscape for 40 years. The University numbers 12.000 students and together with its hospital – UZ Brussel – employs more than 6.000 people. The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is the largest Dutch speaking employer in the capital. PhD Scholarship
Teaching and research at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel are founded on the principle of unfettered inquiry to benefit the progress of mankind. This means rejecting dogmatic positions and guaranteeing the freedom to form opinions without interference; in this way the University aims to ensure the dispersal of the principle of unfettered inquiry throughout society.
Location- Faculty of Engineering, Vrije Universiteit Brussel , Belgium
Research/Job Area- Electronics and informatics
- Master in Science, Industrial Sciences or Engineering with a specification related to Electronics and informatics.
- Excellent pedagogical skills.
- Excellent research capacities.
- The candidate is expected to endorse the educational vision of the university (full text available on the university website).
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Mastering the Dutch language is recommended. Candidates who are not competent in Dutch must be prepared to improve their Dutch language proficiency to the B2 level.
- Every first appointment depends upon the successful performance of a teaching session.
Job/Position Description- The graduate teaching assistant (category AAP) will assist in the organization and guidance of educational tasks of the department of Industrial Sciences (INDI) in the area of electronics and informatics for the Bachelor and Master programs in Industrial Sciences. Since the teaching assignment mainly concerns general introductory courses, good pedagogical qualities are essential, such as being able to convey concepts, understanding the necessary learning steps, designing a challenging curriculum with the necessary creativity, and motivating and enthusing students. Also of interest is patience and the radiating of a certain authority based on knowledge and experience more than on a typical teacher-student hierarchical relationship.
The candidate will combine these tasks with PhD-research in one of the following domains:
- Sensor Networks
- Security Design for the Internet of Things
- Hardware aspects of Smart Embedded Devices
- Embedded AI and embedded vision
The research topic will be chosen with respect for the interest and the background of the candidate.
Depending on your experience and academic merits you will receive a salary on one of the pay scales laid down by the government. Hospitalisation cover and free use of public transport for travel to and from work are standard conditions of employment. If you would rather cycle to work, compensation is also available for that. Both campuses have extensive sporting facilities which are at your disposal and a nursery is within walking distance.
- Planned starting date: 1 October 2018
- Length of contract: 1 year with possibility for extension up to maximally 4 years.
- Deadline for application: 4th of September 2018
How to Apply- Applications can only be submitted for PhD Scholarship online (via the website of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
All applications must at least include the following attachments:
- A brief CV
- A concise statement of the reason for applying including explanation about the development of future research
For Contact- Abdellah Touhafi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kris Steenhaut Kris.email@example.com)
Last Date for Apply– 4 September 2018
Click here to see details- More information is available at www.vub.ac.be under the heading ‘future employees’.