Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow
UNSW School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering (SPREE), Australia offers postdoctoral fellow position for candidates having PhD in material, physics, or chemistry, with research experience.
About- The UNSW School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering (SPREE) is one of the nine schools within the Faculty of Engineering at UNSW. SPREE grew out of the Australian Research Council Photovoltaics Centre of Excellence in response to the growing industry of renewable energy. Building on world-leading research, including holding the record for the most efficient silicon solar cell for over two decades, the school attracts leading international researchers in the area of photovoltaic.
Academic staff has been consistently ranked amongst the leaders worldwide in the photovoltaic field through international peer review. This team has been responsible for developing the most successfully commercialised new photovoltaic technology in the last 30 years
Location- UNSW School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering (SPREE), Australia
Research/Job Area- Material, physics, or chemistry
Project Title– Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering
Eligibility/Qualification- To be successful in this role you will:
- A PhD in material, physics, or chemistry, with research experience in chalcogenide (such as CIGS, CZTS, CdTe) solar cells
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Strong track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Proven ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Demonstrated ability to supervisor honours and postgraduate research students.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety and knowledge of equal opportunity principles
- Level B A$103K – A$121K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed term contract (12 month with potential view to extend another 24 months)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Postdoctoral Fellow will develop solar cells made from abundant and environmentally-friendly materials for single junction thin film solar cells and Si-based tandem solar cells.
How to Apply- Please systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
For Contact- Dr Xiaojing Hao, UNSW Scientia Fellow, ARC DECRA, Senior Lecturer, School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering
Last Date for Apply– 27 Jul 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time