CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship Australia: CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, is offering an exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral Fellow to join the Advanced Engineering Biology – Future Science Platform team. This 3-year fellowship will focus on the engineering of Actinobacteria strains for the discovery of novel biomolecules, contributing to innovative bioproduction platforms. If you have a background in molecular biology, microbiology, biologic engineering, or biochemistry, and are passionate about impactful research, this role may be perfect for you.
Designation: Postdoctoral Fellow
Research Area: Actinobacteria Strain Engineering
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as molecular biology, microbiology, biologic engineering, biochemistry, or related field.
- No more than 3 years (or full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Strong background and demonstrated experience in microbial engineering of both model and non-model strains.
- Experience in the development and analysis of quantitative biological assays.
- Ability to develop experimental plans and apply well-developed research skills to scientific investigations.
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Actinobacteria Strain Engineering
As a Postdoctoral Fellow in Actinobacteria Strain Engineering, you will:
- Use advanced biological engineering to select and engineer model and non-model chassis strain(s) for agricultural biomolecule production.
- Validate metabolic models to domesticate non-model Streptomyces strains and optimize bioproduction to industrially relevant levels.
- Collaborate as part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers, contributing to projects within and beyond the CSIRO Future Science Platform.
- Conduct innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that may lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please follow these steps:
- Apply online.
- Provide a cover letter and CV that demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
- Address the selection criteria outlined in the position description and include this information in your cover letter.
Last Date for Apply: Applications close on 23 October 2023, 11:00pm AEDT.
About CSIRO: CSIRO is Australia’s national science agency, dedicated to solving the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We value safety, collaboration, and diversity, and we are committed to values-based leadership. Our work has a real impact on society, and we encourage you to join us in creating a better tomorrow.
Acknowledgement of Country: CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea, and waters across Australia and respects their ongoing connection to their culture. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present.
Child Safety: CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy for more information.
Flexible Working Arrangements: We offer flexible working options, allowing you to choose how, when, and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are dedicated to recruiting people who represent the diversity of our society and ensuring that all our people feel supported to do their best work and let their ideas flourish.
Join us at CSIRO and start shaping the future with your scientific expertise and innovation!